Help with Virtue and 300 Kills trophy

DefinitiveTJ

I'm currently having a hard time to get to 300 kills. I'm doing very well until the sleeper boss and after that the heart attack parade starts and I can't get past 80 kills. I believe I need to get all my characters virtues before the sleeper boss but how exactly do I do this? I have the tentacle idol for the virtue buff and I'm going for the hero ring but beyond that I'm lost, I've only managed to get one virtues so far. My current party is alternating between Vestal - Jester - Shieldbraker - Leper and Vestel - Jester - Shieldbraker - Shieldbraker.

Your help is greatly appreciated. 

25 minutes ago, DefinitiveTJ said:

I'm currently having a hard time to get to 300 kills. I'm doing very well until the sleeper boss and after that the heart attack parade starts and I can't get past 80 kills. I believe I need to get all my characters virtues before the sleeper boss but how exactly do I do this? I have the tentacle idol for the virtue buff and I'm going for the hero ring but beyond that I'm lost, I've only managed to get one virtues so far. My current party is alternating between Vestal - Jester - Shieldbraker - Leper and Vestel - Jester - Shieldbraker - Shieldbraker.

Your help is greatly appreciated. 

First thing first i would recommend going with Man-at-Arms instead of Shieldbreaker, because he is way tankier and can guard plus riposte. I don't know what trinkets do you have for Leper but i alway found Highwayman more consistant damage dealer with high critical chance. For the virtues i don't know if it works on console (and if it still works on PC for that matter) but you could do it this way: When you know you are getting afflected open menu and move to exit. If it is virtue, don't quit and if it is something you don't want quit immediatelly. (It is hard to discribe so you should just watch a speedrun for this exploit.)

I just did the 300 kills with ves - jes - fla - lep team. The jester and falgellant made for good bleeders since the majority of enemies have low bleed resistance with the vestal as a healer and stunner, the only annoyance was controlling the flagellant stress level so he wouldn't become rapturous and uncontrollable. I would reccomend taking 2 extra virtue trinkets with you to place on a character during a wave then try and push them into a virtue state. You can cheese this if you want by getting a character to 100 stress then if they get an affliction immediately press start and save/quit. You will restart on that turn and the outcome of the RNG for affliction vs virtue will reset. After the wave transfer the trinkets to another character to try again. Having three virtuous characters makes the whole experience a lot easier as they not only buff themselves or others but their stress resets at 200 opposed to a heart attack so realistically the only stress character to watch out for is the flagellant.

Other advice would be focus on the one enemy until youre past the threshold then try and take as many out at once before you get transported away. Also I often liked having their corpses become a crystal because this gave a guaranteed 5/10 HP if you killed it which is very easy to do even with multi target attacks. 

But otherwise good luck

• Like 1

On 07/06/2019 at 9:00 AM, puckelberry said:

I just did the 300 kills with ves - jes - fla - lep team. The jester and falgellant made for good bleeders since the majority of enemies have low bleed resistance with the vestal as a healer and stunner, the only annoyance was controlling the flagellant stress level so he wouldn't become rapturous and uncontrollable. I would reccomend taking 2 extra virtue trinkets with you to place on a character during a wave then try and push them into a virtue state. You can cheese this if you want by getting a character to 100 stress then if they get an affliction immediately press start and save/quit. You will restart on that turn and the outcome of the RNG for affliction vs virtue will reset. After the wave transfer the trinkets to another character to try again. Having three virtuous characters makes the whole experience a lot easier as they not only buff themselves or others but their stress resets at 200 opposed to a heart attack so realistically the only stress character to watch out for is the flagellant.

Other advice would be focus on the one enemy until youre past the threshold then try and take as many out at once before you get transported away. Also I often liked having their corpses become a crystal because this gave a guaranteed 5/10 HP if you killed it which is very easy to do even with multi target attacks. 

But otherwise good luck

Thank you so much for your reply, I finally did it! I couldnt havent done it without your virtue tip cause it never seemed to work before I tried it your way. First I tried to do it with Flagelant but I had major trouble with skeletons so eventually I did it with shieldbraker - shieldbraker. My jester got killed around the 200 mark to a terrible shambler fight so it got a bit rough but luckily I survived another 100 kills.

Thanks again and I’m so happy to be done with the color of madness. Now onward to the rest of my Stygian run...