How to use headphones with tv

Matthew_Banfield

Hi guys

I've recently got the last of us and thought I would multiply my experience by using my headphones whilst playing, the headphones use a standard jack but at the moment I've only been able to plug in to either the left or right audio out, meaning I'm getting half the sound through my headphones.

I have a white and red headphone socket under audio out on the back of my tv, can someone tell me what adapter i need? I want to buy from UK store if people could recommend a product?

Ta,

MB

Just use the cable that came with your PS3, attach it to this, and plug headphones into that.  Set the Video to HDMI and Audio to the third option "Audio Input Connector" or turn on "Audio Multi-Output" to get sound out of the headphones and the TV at the same time. Btw this are probably good and better too.

Edited by ErgoProxy-Decay

• 2 weeks later...

I recently bought a Turtle Beach headset that I can use for the 360 and PS3 and I'm loving it. The Last Of Us pushed me to do it because I was hearing from all the sites I check out that the sound was amazing.....and it was. 

I find myself doing much better in COD and Halo as well........very happy with the decision.

Glad to hear I'm not the only person who likes headphones on while gaming. Cheers!!! :)

I recently bought a Turtle Beach headset that I can use for the 360 and PS3 and I'm loving it. The Last Of Us pushed me to do it because I was hearing from all the sites I check out that the sound was amazing.....and it was. 

I find myself doing much better in COD and Halo as well........very happy with the decision.

Glad to hear I'm not the only person who likes headphones on while gaming. Cheers!!! :)

A combination of the last of us and neighbours with crap music made my choice! I'm using headphones I use for music recording and they work a treat, the detail I get in games now is incredible... For example in motorstorm I can hear an opponent catching up with me which I never had before