Nice little gem!

Sifferino

As if I didn’t have enough of a backlog already, I have recently been scouring through my digital game library, looking for good games I might have missed. After a couple of years subscribed to Playstation Plus I have a amassed quite a collection of titles that don’t ring a bell at all as I scroll through the list. So I did some digging and added a number of them to my backlog. That’s how I arrived at Burly Men at Sea.

I had no intention of playing this game when I added it after it was offered for free on Plus. Don’t think at the time I even bothered downloading it. I am glad I did so recently. What a charming little title! I really love the art style, the story (and the numerous variations) made me smile and I really enjoyed the original controls too. I can almost feel the developers’ love for their game shining through as I play. As a software developer myself (not a game developer, regrettably) I couldn’t help but think: “I’d be damn proud of myself if I ever managed to create such a great piece of art”. 

I imagine the mainstream market for such a game can’t be big, but for those of you who appreciate interactive story games and don’t mind a little quirkiness, do give it a go. You probably own it already anyway ?

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

I respect your opinion but to me, this was a tedious piece of work, I was drawn in by the art and name, finished it for the easy platinum trophy, but the game was so boring and this is coming from a fan of point and click adventure games. 

But somehow, I too was thinking about the development process of the game, I am sure it was done by a tiny team and much effort and work were put into it, so I respect that at least.

Edited by ghattas

20 hours ago, ghattas said:

I respect your opinion but to me, this was a tedious piece of work, I was drawn in by the art and name, finished it for the easy platinum trophy, but the game was so boring and this is coming from a fan of point and click adventure games. 

But somehow, I too was thinking about the development process of the game, I am sure it was done by a tiny team and much effort and work were put into it, so I respect that at least.

That's fine of course, we don't all like the same things.

It is indeed a small team: a teamup of husband + wife! ?

One happened to be a developer while the other is a designer, so the perfect combo.

• Like 1