Pricing disparity with the Season Pass vs buying DLC individually.

I've just bought the game & I'm deciding how to proceed with the DLC but have noticed a disparity in the pricing of it.

Generally buying a season pass gives you some sort of saving but it doesn't appear it will in this case.

Now this is taking the assumption that all 3 episodes will be priced the same as The Void Mirror Prototype (£8), but if they are, that works out at £24, the season pass is £25. The description even says that buying the season pass will save you money so I'm baffled at the reasoning here.

I get that if you buy the pass you get 3 bonus outfits but they are purely cosmetic & still have nothing to do with actually saving money.

Other than the episodes possibly being priced differently, thoughts on this anyone?

Edited by ObsceneSociopath

I remember a similar situation with my last employer.  In all of our early games each DLC was priced the same, but the season pass gave a small price savings.  Then suddenly that changed on a specific project, and then all projects going forward.  We had now priced individual DLC included in the season pass at the same price which once totaled equaled the cost of the season pass, except they all ended in 99 cents and not whole dollars.  They considered this 'the same price', but I realized that this meant that by buying the season pass the customer would actually spend a few cents MORE than if they bought all the DLC individually.  I brought this to the attention of my director, the head of tech, the head of marketing, the exec producer on the project, and even the ceo himself.  In each and every conversation, they ignored it and pretended it wasn't an issue.  Of course this became a topic of much interest all over our forums, but this still didn't deter them.  I continued to bring it up for each and every project that followed, but it made no difference.  In the end the consumer eventually 'let it go' and moved on and accepted it as a terrible marketing idea by the company.  Sadly, this is how most of the games industry works.

I can't say for certain what the devs in the case of One Piece are doing.  Maybe it was an oversight.  Maybe they figured they'd trick customers.  I don't know.  But I honestly wouldn't be surprised either way.