NHL 20 Beta Impressions

djb5f

I did not see where else to post this so I will leave it here.

What are your impressions?

I only played Online Versus but had a lot of fun.  Game was crisp and fluid and even though I am a big fan of Doc Emrick in real life, the new commentary and presentation gave the game a freshness, some new energy and life.

i played way too much NHL (mainly HUT) from NHL 13-16 and then more EASHL to get level 50 and the plat for NHL 17, but after a couple of years off, they may have hooked me back in.  I thought this would happen once we moved to ps5 but it looks like sooner.

Hope the trophy list is not problematic, I got the Plat each time, except 1 trophy short in NHL 13.  But I look forward to it more for just fun causal online play when you have a half hour here and there.

• Like 2

After playing some more, I find that tripping gets called way too much and not from spamming.  I often got caught for just hitting poke check once.  Hope they tune that down.   Still fun overall.

Actually, this could probably move to “Unreleased Games” section for NHL 20.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, djb5f said:

After playing some more, I find that tripping gets called way too much and not from spamming.  I often got caught for just hitting poke check once.  Hope they tune that down.   Still fun overall.

Actually, this could probably move to “Unreleased Games” section for NHL 20.

Didnt even know there was a beta, checked when I saw your post and are downloading now :)

I just got EA Access so Im playing NHL 19 at the moment. Gonna be fun to test 20 out :) 

17 hours ago, Maaden_Swe said:

Didnt even know there was a beta, checked when I saw your post and are downloading now :)

I just got EA Access so Im playing NHL 19 at the moment. Gonna be fun to test 20 out :) 

Did you get a chance to play?  What did you think?  Probably a lot like NHL 19 in gameplay but as someone who last played NHL 17, the differences are quite apparent.