Knowing what to do.

Lonemankane

Hey just wanting to know what leach hunter mode does in terms of what mode it is on. like normal hard or easy and so on as I don't think I can handle another play on hard with only 1 or 2 slots.

Plus anyone got any good tips for that mode?

Edited by KANERKB

I cant answer as I cant really remember, but I did create a platinum written walkthrough for this here

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps4/164548-resident-evil-0-hd-remaster/faqs/73991

I have very good leech hunter guides there that trivilaises it, basically I wrote out a optimised guide for each of the 5 or so walkthroughs.

Hopefully you will find what you need there

EDIT:

Looking through my guide, L.H grants you unlockable weapons, but you can only use them on the difficulty you complete it on, unlockables dont carry across difficulties here.

And as for tips, that link should have everything you need, each playthrough has been optimised well around simplicity

Edited by Optinooby

8 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

I cant answer as I cant really remember, but I did create a platinum written walkthrough for this here

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps4/164548-resident-evil-0-hd-remaster/faqs/73991

I have very good leech hunter guides there that trivilaises it, basically I wrote out a optimised guide for each of the 5 or so walkthroughs.

Hopefully you will find what you need there

Well it kind of does but still need to know what mode leech hunter is on like hard normal easy and so on.

3 minutes ago, KANERKB said:

Well it kind of does but still need to know what mode leech hunter is on like hard normal easy and so on.

Reading the guide, L.H is on whatever difficulty you choose the clear file from I think, so guess you decide on the difficulty

Bonuses unlocked from it though dont carry across difficulties

1 minute ago, Optinooby said:

Reading the guide, L.H is on whatever difficulty you choose the clear file from I think, so guess you decide on the difficulty

Bonuses unlocked from it though dont carry across difficulties

so if that is the case can't you just cut most of the times you need to play? like play on hard like I am now. play on easy and beat the game and then play leech hunter and then unlock everything else and so on?

11 minutes ago, KANERKB said:

so if that is the case can't you just cut most of the times you need to play? like play on hard like I am now. play on easy and beat the game and then play leech hunter and then unlock everything else and so on?

I dont know how you have played.......

The optimised order is in my linked guide, if you have played differently you will need to let me know first

As you have already found out, hard is a pain in the ass, so although you may have saves yourself 1 playthrough, you will likely take more time now due to learning everything on hard.

Leech Hunter on hard will be harder and waste more time, and the unlockables on it which will help other playthroughs, can only be used on hard as well now.

Basically if you want those unlockables, you need to play every playthrough on hard now.

If time is a factor for you, I would personally just follow my guide from scratch, but obviously forget the last hard playthrough as you have already done it.

In fact, you may be able to do everything on easy now, cant say for sure without looking at trophy list

Edited by Optinooby

I don't recommend at all doing Hard difficulty on your first playthrough if you have never beaten RE 0 before. It's extremely unforgiving even for experienced players, and as has been said you'll need to tackle Leech Hunter on Hard as well.

It's been a long time since I got the plat but I did a Normal difficulty run to just enjoy the game, then I did multiple runs to knock out the trophies for beating the game without saving/healing as well as everything related to Leech Hunter, and only then did I try finishing it on Hard. Let me tell you, it's, well... Hard. The ultimate survival horror experience IMO. You will need every bit of preparation you can have before trying it. Else you'll just run into a lot of frustration. Good luck though and enjoy it, because RE 0 is an awesome game.

On ‎29‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 0:26 AM, AFRising said:

I don't recommend at all doing Hard difficulty on your first playthrough if you have never beaten RE 0 before. It's extremely unforgiving even for experienced players, and as has been said you'll need to tackle Leech Hunter on Hard as well.

It's been a long time since I got the plat but I did a Normal difficulty run to just enjoy the game, then I did multiple runs to knock out the trophies for beating the game without saving/healing as well as everything related to Leech Hunter, and only then did I try finishing it on Hard. Let me tell you, it's, well... Hard. The ultimate survival horror experience IMO. You will need every bit of preparation you can have before trying it. Else you'll just run into a lot of frustration. Good luck though and enjoy it, because RE 0 is an awesome game.

I beaten re0 on hard, and yeah I had a lot of frustration due to the camera angles changing and messing with your view of where the enemies are and so on. I thought re0 was bad but that is me. still going to get the plat though at some point. however how does the unlockables work?. do I remove my saves so it is like I never beaten it and beat it on easy? or do I play easy now and beat it to get the easy mode one of wesker mode and leech hunter?

On 30/07/2019 at 8:12 PM, KANERKB said:

I beaten re0 on hard, and yeah I had a lot of frustration due to the camera angles changing and messing with your view of where the enemies are and so on. I thought re0 was bad but that is me. still going to get the plat though at some point. however how does the unlockables work?. do I remove my saves so it is like I never beaten it and beat it on easy? or do I play easy now and beat it to get the easy mode one of wesker mode and leech hunter?

Ha, congratulations. You already got the hardest one then.

Unlockables (if I recall correctly) are bound to the difficulty you've beaten the main game on. Meaning, you've beaten the game on Hard, you'll only be able to use the Leech Hunter rewards on another Hard playthrough (and no, you cannot use them on Easy or Normal). You can keep the save file for beating the game on Hard difficulty and start another game on Easy to knock out the rest of the trophies. Once you memorize where to go and what to do, every playthrough becomes shorter and shorter. Good luck.

EDIT: of course, Leech Hunter and Wesker Mode are also tied to the difficulty you beat the game on.

Edited by AFRising

4 hours ago, AFRising said:

Ha, congratulations. You already got the hardest one then.

Unlockables (if I recall correctly) are bound to the difficulty you've beaten the main game on. Meaning, you've beaten the game on Hard, you'll only be able to use the Leech Hunter rewards on another Hard playthrough (and no, you cannot use them on Easy or Normal). You can keep the save file for beating the game on Hard difficulty and start another game on Easy to knock out the rest of the trophies. Once you memorize where to go and what to do, every playthrough becomes shorter and shorter. Good luck.

EDIT: of course, Leech Hunter and Wesker Mode are also tied to the difficulty you beat the game on.

ah that is good, thanks gov, it is all I needed to know mostly.