Ghosts n Goblins - Level 6

AJ_Radio

I honestly CANNOT beat this level.

Spent the past few hours trying to beat it with the Shield. Couple hours in I accidentally pick up a Knife which I'm stuck with until I kill the Ogre with the jar.

The first major problem is by the time I climb up the stairs after I beat the Dragon, Ogres immediately come after me, giving me a very quick split second to kill them before I take a hit. Fine I guess, if not for the fact that if you get hit where the armor spawn is located, you will NOT get the armor. So you're stuck with just your skin and underwear.

The second major problem is the sources I found online don't really help me.

One source I found is this:

https://strategywiki.org/wiki/Ghosts_'n_Goblins/Stage_6

That only just gives you general tips to progress in the level.

This guy does a good YouTube walkthrough of the game (Arcade version):

However on Level 6 the enemy spawns are different. He has much more maneuverability to kill the Ogres, and no Arremer pops up after the initial stair climb. After some digging I learn there are two different versions to this arcade game. The new version has one Unicorn at the start of Level 6, while the old version has two Unicorns. Capcom Arcade Cabinet has the new version.

I got to the boss(es) ONCE and that was purely by luck. I can't even make it past the second area with Ogres and the Arremers make everything a lot more difficult.

Any tips? Any advice?