PS Vita Analog Stick Covers

SystmOveRide

Saw a post in the forum a few weeks or months ago now about "must have" vita accessories, and saw these stick covers linked there.

Luckily there was one left in stock on Amazon AU and I had some credit left so I got them for almost nothing. 

Just wanted to say that if you can find these they are definitely worth grabbing. I was never great at coordinating on the Vita and I put it down to the stubby analog sticks while I'm use to the DS4 analog sticks. These covers aren't a perfect fix, but they make it much easier for me to control. Now I'm just wishing I didn't get rid of my copy of Killzone Mercenary so soon :P though I'm sure I can find it cheap enough second hand.

The only gripe I have with them is it makes the down button on the dpad and the x button a bit tricky to press at first due to proximity of the buttons to the analog sticks, but I believe it's something you get accustomed to as after an hour or so of play the frequency at which I'd badly hit the analog stick was drastically reduced.

PAaSzyr.jpg

• Like 2

Ooh, I had no idea you could get these! My Vita has been so well used that the left stick is kind of busted in that the middle of it has become really convex now and my thumb often slips off it on certain games. I'll see if I can find some of these and give them a try and hopefully they may help. Thanks for posting ?

I picked up the same ones and I'd have to agree, they really make a difference. I'd also highly recommend picking up a protective film for your Vita's screen. If you have sweaty hands the touch screen gets all messed up and with a protective film you never have to worry about this.

@A_Tennis_Giraffe https://www.amazon.co.uk/CYBER-アナログスティックカバーHIGHタイプ-PS-Vita-ブラック/dp/B00XXSONHM/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=cyber+high+ps+vita&qid=1568973867&sr=8-1

https://www.amazon.co.uk/CYBER-アナログスティックカバーHIGHタイプ-PS-Vita-ホワイト/dp/B00XXSO1YW/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=cyber+high+ps+vita&qid=1568973867&sr=8-2

Here are the links for them on Amazon. It took me a while to find them when I originally went looking for them, so hopefully this helps. Apparently they are very difficult to take off and leave a diamond-shaped mark on your analogue sticks over time, but after putting them on I'd see no reason to take them off!

@A_Tennis_Giraffe this is then one I ordered https://www.amazon.com.au/gp/product/B00XXSO1YW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Edit: also just noticed your PSN card in your sig says youre in Aus, so that link in the top sentence should be fine for you and it said 2 left in stock :) the shipping does take a while though, I ordered mine on the 20th Aug and they only just got to me on the 20th Sept so

Hopefully you can find some :)

@GraniteSnake yeah I really want to get a case or like some protection for my vita in general, but have just been lazy :P also my house is just super dusty no matter how much I clean so probably get all dust on it when trying to put the protector on :(

Also I'd have to agree, I just tried to get the covers that I put on off and it's quite difficult, difficult to the point that I'm worried if I pull any harder it'll damage the console somehow!

Edited by SystmOveRide

Thankyou both for the info and the link! I'm a little worried now though with what people said about the damage they can do to the sticks, so maybe I would just put one on the left stick which is already buggered to start with :/ I have thumb grips on all of my PS3&4 and X1&360 controllers which I wouldn't be without, and they've helped keep the original rubber on them in pristine condition.

• 2 months later...