End of the Journey & The Collector

Rezzua

So I just finished playing the Volta World Championships and won the final. Come the end of the match where I'm going to assume more cut-scenes would play, my game just hard crashed. When I reloaded the game, I loaded Volta back up and got both the trophies. So firstly, wow.. did I really just play through the whole story and not even get to see the ending? The story is marked as complete on the world map menu, so it's not even like I can go back and play that final match.

But what I essentially want to ask - to anyone that has completed the story also and has these trophies, was collecting 5 legends just an automatic thing you gained after winning this championship? I don't have any new players in my squad management at all so I'm sort of lost with how they are "collected". Did they have to be recruited or something, as that's what I was expecting would be the case when playing through this, seeing as you recruit normal players along the way.

Having looked at the trophy % for both of these and when people have been earning them, it seems these two trophies basically go hand-in-hand with how the timestamps look, basically seconds/minutes apart. However I've noticed that some people got one trophy before the other, and vice versa. So I'd like to know when/how some people got theirs and if anyone else has had their game hard crash at the final stage.

EDIT: On the topic of trophy % again, the fact that (as of posting this) the Story trophy is at 2.93% but the Legends trophy is down at 2.48%, that's a fairly big gap for trophies that seemingly unlock alongside/incredibly close to one another. So either I have missed something because I was robbed of the ending or is this just bugged?

Edited by Rezzua
  • Like 1

I've just replayed the whole story again on an alt, finally got to see the cut-scene! I had a bit of a nervy stuttered black screen again at the same end point after the match though, felt like it was going to give way again. I've finished all 5 sets of skill games to 5/5 and still no trophy. Was there anything else you did?

EDIT: It just unlocked after I beat Issy Hitman in his legend match. so I'm still just as unsure how this works as I was before as I didn't play a legend match against each of the people.

EDIT 2: Ok so I think you collect them by beating their teams throughout the story. I won every game on my main (this) before it crashed when I finished the story, so that would explain why I got both trophies upon loading Volta back up as winning the final match to beat the remaining legend (to collect them) is when you’d get the trophy. On my alt run, I skipped the single matches after each tournament that were presumably the legends team for that region. I did this to try and run through it quicker to reach the end. On some of the legends post-story, I had a legend match available but not on all of them. This is presumably the opportunity to beat the legend as you were unable to during the story, as when you win the legend match no longer appears for them on the menu. I got the trophy on my alt when winning the last legend match that was available to play. 

TLDR - Win every match in the story.

Edited by Rezzua
  • Like 1