Pest Control trophy - Complete Edition

Pirelli913

Before I begin, I just wanna say that I have played this game before and obtained 100% of trophies, but a friend got this version and lent it to me so I could go for plat again.

Anyway, me being a perfectionist, I'm going notice board by notice board and getting 100% of question marks as I progress. The silver trophy Pest Control requires "Destroy all monster nests in the Velen / Novigrad region, or in Skellige."

BOTH guides on this site (one for the base game released in 2015 and one for the GOTY version) say there are 5 monster nests in Skellige which is the easier region to go after this trophy and 24 (I believe this is a typo as the interactive map shows only 23) monster nests in Velen/Novigrad. Since I'm going area by area, I've already blown up all 23.

I only have a total of 7 question marks left in the entirety of Velen/Novigrad (not including Hearts of Stone), but going by the interactive map guide, I already know what all 7 are.

Can anyone verify if the Complete Edition has updated Pest Control to include the Hearts of Stone DLC (which adds over 20 new question marks in the northeast part of the map) for the trophy? Off the top of my head, I know there's two nekker nests near the northeastern most fast travel post.

If the monster nests from Hearts of Stone are now required to unlock the trophy, someone should contact the person(s) that made the GOTY guide and inform them.

Here's the interactive map: https://witcher3map.com/v/#3/120.00/120.00

Witcher 3 base game guide: https://psnprofiles.com/guide/2842-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-trophy-guide

Witcher 3 GOTY guide: https://psnprofiles.com/guide/6610-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-game-of-the-year-edition-trophy-guide

Apparently I stumped everyone...

So I took one for the team. There are 23 monster nests in the base game (not 24 like the guide says) and there are 6 monster nests in the Hearts of Stone expansion. That's a total of 29. Destroy all 29 in Velen/Novigrad and you'll get the trophy.

(Whoever made the guide for the GOTY version clearly just copied and pasted it...)

8 hours ago, spacey_dweeb said:

Thanks for the heads up. I'm working on this game now and I'm sure this would have confused me because I'm following a random pre-dlc guide. Have you seen any other trophies that changed with the complete edition?

Haven't completed the game yet (just made it to Skellige) but so far, all other trophies seem to be identical. I'll keep everyone informed if I find any more discrepancies. ?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/20/2019 at 1:40 PM, Pirelli913 said:

Haven't completed the game yet (just made it to Skellige) but so far, all other trophies seem to be identical. I'll keep everyone informed if I find any more discrepancies. 1f642.png

Saw you got your 100%. Any more discrepancies in trophies? I just came back from Skellige in my playthrough.

• 5 months later...