Best/Most efficient way to grind? (advice/help needed)

SelectiveGamer

I really don't want to have to do this... but I also feel like I don't have a choice. Because I honestly don't know how to do this.

Well... I'm getting pretty close to Chapter 5. The Chapter where I'm going to do most of my work.

It's not an issue of digging or Chocobo catching. You just have to put yourself through it. Which I plan on doing. Obviously.

It's an issue of grinding obviously. To Level 99. For YRP. I'm sure this has been asked several times but I don't know if any of the other methods are still good or if there's a better way. So I'm asking again. Sorry? ?

So... what's the best way to grind to level 99 for YRP? I'd also like to know the best method to master Mascot as well.

If you want to know why I want to do this... it can be summed up pretty quickly in 2 words: VIA. INFINITO.

If there are good Garment Grids and Accessories to do this please provide those as well and how to get them. I may already have them but just in case I don't I'd like to know how to get the required Garment Grids and Accessories so I can make sure I have them or not.

Make sure to be as specific as possible about the grinding method. If it requires a Fiend Arena cup... that's fine. I've already unlocked Chocobo Cup and I have to wait until Chapter 5 begins to capture a Cactuar for Cactuar Cup. I've been trying to unlock Aeon Cup but that's not exactly... easy. So I hope it doesn't require that.

Just please try to be as specific as possible when it comes to the fastest and most efficient way to grind YRP to Level 99 in X-2 as well as Mastering Mascot as quickly as possible as well.

I'd really appreciate any help with this. Thanks.

So I finished the game yesterday and I never really felt like I had to grind (for levels at least), which I know is not the answer you wanted to hear.

When I started Chapter 5 I first focused on all the quick Episode Completes such as ones that are just cutscenes. Then I started working on the Amazing Chocobo sidequest. By the time I finished that I was almost level 70 because of how long it took to catch the required Chocobos. You can even boost your experience gain further by using the Lady Luck dressphere and its double exp ability while catching Chocobos.

Then in the Amazing Chocobo dungeon you can grab an AP Egg accessory for Triple AP. This will help you master Mascot but learning Ribbon is not essential. I eventually learned it on Yuna and Rikku just from using the dressphere so much, not because of explicit grinding. You can win more AP Eggs through Blitzball but honestly I didn't want to bother to learn how Blitzball worked and 1 AP Egg ended up being good enough anyway.

In the 70s you should be able to finish all the Episode Completes without much issue. After that I recommend playing through Via Infinito. As long as you're fighting all the enemies you should be able to hit a level in the mid-80s and make it to floor 80 to fight Chac without much trouble. After taking out Chac I changed my focus to finishing all the oversouls, which required a lot of fights in the Fiend Arena (I never even tried the Chocobo Cup). Finally I beat Trema with Yuna at 97, Rikku at 95, and Paine at 99. Probably could have done it at a much lower level.

Throughout Chapter 5 I equipped Champions Belts, Kaiser Knuckles, Ribbons, and the AP Egg. I hit a point where I wanted encounters to go fast so I just spammed attack.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@dertswa687o

Just a quick update... I put myself through random battles in the Chocobo Ranch Dungeon, and even though I ended up having to do it all over again because of getting extremely unlucky with stupid Ultima Weapon and it using freaking Meteor 3 times in a row and I got a Game Over but I wouldn't let some BS like that stop me. lol.

Either way the 2nd time was the charm and by the time I got the 'Amazing Chocobo' YRP had hit the 70 range for levels. I haven't even touched Macalania, Gagazet, Bikanel or Mushroom Rock yet (saving Bevelle for last obviously for that obvious reason).

So things are going pretty well in terms of 'grinding.' I may not have to do all that much of it at this point. 20 levels left. ?