"House of Pain" trophy, watch out not to mess with it

I share my experience so that nobody will do my same mistake, as those Bloody Palace runs were ultra boring for me; this could also help anyone for future false flags.

The House of Pain trophy is stricted to your save file, not to each trophy asking for a BP run with each character, so is best if you do constant back-ups if something goes wrong with your current save.

Be aware that the auto-save function triggers only when you leave from the BP result screen, not before where you get the trophies; I left the game from the XMB button during the result screen after I did my first BP run as I had to go on another game, but doing so didn't save my run, in fact at the end of my last character I didn't get the gold trophy and checking my BP scores I noticed that for the first character I used for BP I had no saved score, doing the run again gave me the trophy.

Moral of the story: be sure to go back to the missions select screen after your BP run, after 1-2h it is not too strange in my opinion to instant quit from XMB menu for being tired.

Edited by VirtualNight
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

I've never ran into any problems with bloody palace. The main struggle is the characters (specifically the girls) because getting good with all of them takes real skill to do and floor 85 and above oml is it a nightmare. As for the trophies unlocking, I just backed out to mission select before I closed app to make sure it saved; it's common sense man 

• Like 2

• 10 months later...
On 17/11/2019 at 7:22 PM, VirtualNight said:

I share my experience so that nobody will do my same mistake, as those Bloody Palace runs were ultra boring for me; this could also help anyone for future false flags.

The House of Pain trophy is stricted to your save file, not to each trophy asking for a BP run with each character, so is best if you do constant back-ups if something goes wrong with your current save.

Be aware that the auto-save function triggers only when you leave from the BP result screen, not before where you get the trophies; I left the game from the XMB button during the result screen after I did my first BP run as I had to go on another game, but doing so didn't save my run, in fact at the end of my last character I didn't get the gold trophy and checking my BP scores I noticed that for the first character I used for BP I had no saved score, doing the run again gave me the trophy.

Moral of the story: be sure to go back to the missions select screen after your BP run, after 1-2h it is not too strange in my opinion to instant quit from XMB menu for being tired.

OMG mi ciela, thank you for commenting this, that exactly happened to me, the trophy didn't pop up when I got all the character's trophies, I read your thread and then I search in every character to see if one of them haven't got it cleared. And, of course, Lady's run didn't save, thank god it is her and not Trish because Lady is super easy.

• Like 1