Does the warlord glitch still work in 2019?

FreshSquirtz

The glitch where you derank with diamonds from level 20 to 1. Does anyone know if this still works with ps3. Dont wanna do it and realize it doesn't work and lose all the xp. Can anyone simply explain the step by step in simpler terms then the old guides explain as it would  be greatly appreciated aswell. 

6 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

This has always and will always work, because the devs stopped patching the game in 2009.

EDIT: Here's our exploit Guide on .org: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/far-cry-2-a/80174-glitched-rank-30-ubis-latest-update.html

Well they say that at rank 19 u cant get any less negative xp. But by going to exclusive content then exclusive it deducted 60 points logging back in but I didn't get any minus points when I did it. Trying to hit rank 20 before doing the warlord glitch. But if I cant get any less xp from 20 its gonna ruin it. Maybe I'm missing something but supposedly can get negative points after 19. This true?

16 minutes ago, freshruinz said:

Well they say that at rank 19 u cant get any less negative xp. But by going to exclusive content then exclusive it deducted 60 points logging back in but I didn't get any minus points when I did it. Trying to hit rank 20 before doing the warlord glitch. But if I cant get any less xp from 20 its gonna ruin it. Maybe I'm missing something but supposedly can get negative points after 19. This true?

It has been years since I last used this exploit so can't remember on how things go when you hit Lv19 but I've never heard of points being deducted when you go to the bonus content menu, thus all I can think of is that the servers are playing up again so all you can do is to go away and come back in a few days to see if the situation has improved.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

I wrote this up a while ago but never got around to posting it anywhere, so on the off chance it helps you or someone else, here goes:

--- IMPORTANT INFORMATION ---

DO NOT ASSIGN ALL YOUR DIAMONDS IN THE LOADOUT SCREEN AT ANY POINT. DOING THIS WILL REMOVE THE OPTION TO RESET YOUR DIAMONDS AND MAKE THIS GLITCH IMPOSSIBLE TO PERFORM. THIS IS IMPORTANT TO PAY ATTENTION TO ONCE YOU GET YOUR FINAL DIAMOND (LEVEL 19). BE EXTRA CAREFUL NOT TO ACCIDENTALLY ASSIGN THIS LAST DIAMOND ON THE RESPAWN SCREEN.

--- Overview ---

There are two basic parts to this method. The first part (preparation) is to get to level 1 (0XP) by resetting your diamonds to lose all your levels. This isn't the glitch - it's just the standard rules of the game. The second part is to trick the game into subtracting XP from your total while you're at 0XP, which is the glitch itself. This is done by earning and "storing" negative XP, then reducing your XP total to 0XP, before "banking" the negative XP you stored to take your total into the negative, which the game interprets as being level 30.

--- Preparation ---

Step 1:
From level 20, you can lose one level per match. Do this by resetting your diamonds in the lobby before each match, or during the match itself. Either way, you must complete the following match for the reset to be saved. To end the match quickly without gaining XP, let the other player capture all points and then kill you. It should take about 2 minutes per level/match.

(Note that you can do this step over several play sessions, while helping others to boost or even while working on other trophies like Safari Tour if you haven't got that already - the glitch has not actually started yet.)

Step 2:
Assuming you are de-leveling from level 20, the best time to start the glitch is when you reach level 6. Finish the game at level 6 without earning any XP (so you are on 3,300XP). Now the glitch can begin.

(If you aren't on level 6, that's fine too. If you are at a higher level, then you will need to stay connected to the servers while doing the glitch for longer (extra risk of messing up). If you are at a lower level, then the XP you earn in the next step will level you up several times, so you will end up having to lose those levels again. Not a big deal.)

--- The Glitch ---

Step 3:
Reconnect to the servers (or even better restart the game) on both accounts to minimise your chance of running into problems. From this point on, until you reach level 1 (0XP), the main account cannot disconnect from the game servers. If you disconnect, you will need to restart at this step.

Step 4:
Now, the second account should host (ranked -> uprising). Do not reset any diamonds in this match. The goal here is to earn 1,530XP (51 kills). That's it. It should take most of the 15 minutes so don't worry about capturing. Thanks to a game update designed to limit boosting, that 30XP amount above the cap of 1500XP will later on be subtracted from your total, opening up the shortcut to level 30.

Step 5:
You should be at 4,830XP (level 6). Now reset diamonds once per game, as before. Have the second account re-host after 3 games (after you end the game at level 4). After 3 more games you end the game at level 1 (0XP). Here is where the glitch comes in. That 30XP excess that you earned earlier, it still has to be deducted from your account, and this only happens whenever you reconnect to the servers. So now you can disconnect, turn the game off, whatever. The next time you start up the game (or just reconnect to the game servers) the 30XP is removed and you will be at -30XP (level 30).

Step 6:
Reconnect to the servers at any point to find you are at level 30 now. Join any lobby (not as host) and the trophy will pop. Congratulations! You have just bypassed at least 100 hours of XP grinding to level 30!

--- Summary ---

1. Starting at level 20, reset your diamonds to de-level (once per match) until you reach level 6 (3,300XP).
2. Restart the game to ensure your connection is fresh. Do not disconnect from the servers from this point on.

3. Earn 1,530XP in a single match.
4. Again reset your diamonds (once per match) until you are level 1 (0XP).
5. Reconnect to the servers and you'll find 30XP has been deducted, leaving you at level 30 (-30XP). Join a lobby to pop the trophy.

Edited by mekktor
Added summary
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, mekktor said:

I wrote this up a while ago but never got around to posting it anywhere, so on the off chance it helps you or someone else, here goes:

--- IMPORTANT INFORMATION ---

DO NOT ASSIGN ALL YOUR DIAMONDS IN THE LOADOUT SCREEN AT ANY POINT. DOING THIS WILL REMOVE THE OPTION TO RESET YOUR DIAMONDS AND MAKE THIS GLITCH IMPOSSIBLE TO PERFORM. THIS IS IMPORTANT TO PAY ATTENTION TO ONCE YOU GET YOUR FINAL DIAMOND (LEVEL 19). BE EXTRA CAREFUL NOT TO ACCIDENTALLY ASSIGN THIS LAST DIAMOND ON THE RESPAWN SCREEN.

--- Overview ---

There are two basic parts to this method. The first part (preparation) is to get to level 1 (0XP) by resetting your diamonds to lose all your levels. This isn't the glitch - it's just the standard rules of the game. The second part is to trick the game into subtracting XP from your total while you're at 0XP, which is the glitch itself. This is done by earning and "storing" negative XP, then reducing your XP total to 0XP, before "banking" the negative XP you stored to take your total into the negative, which the game interprets as being level 30.

--- Preparation ---

Step 1:
From level 20, you can lose one level per match. Do this by resetting your diamonds in the lobby before each match, or during the match itself. Either way, you must complete the following match for the reset to be saved. To end the match quickly without gaining XP, let the other player capture all points and then kill you. It should take about 2 minutes per level/match.

(Note that you can do this step over several play sessions, while helping others to boost or even while working on other trophies like Safari Tour if you haven't got that already - the glitch has not actually started yet.)

Step 2:
Assuming you are de-leveling from level 20, the best time to start the glitch is when you reach level 6. Finish the game at level 6 without earning any XP (so you are on 3,300XP). Now the glitch can begin.

(If you aren't on level 6, that's fine too. If you are at a higher level, then you will need to stay connected to the servers while doing the glitch for longer (extra risk of messing up). If you are at a lower level, then the XP you earn in the next step will level you up several times, so you will end up having to lose those levels again. Not a big deal.)

--- The Glitch ---

Step 3:
Reconnect to the servers (or even better restart the game) on both accounts to minimise your chance of running into problems. From this point on, until you reach level 1 (0XP), the main account cannot disconnect from the game servers. If you disconnect, you will need to restart at this step.

Step 4:
Now, the second account should host (ranked -> uprising). Do not reset any diamonds in this match. The goal here is to earn 1,530XP (51 kills). That's it. It should take most of the 15 minutes so don't worry about capturing. Thanks to a game update designed to limit boosting, that 30XP amount above the cap of 1500XP will later on be subtracted from your total, opening up the shortcut to level 30.

Step 5:
You should be at 4,830XP (level 6). Now reset diamonds once per game, as before. Have the second account re-host after 3 games (after you end the game at level 4). After 3 more games you end the game at level 1 (0XP). Here is where the glitch comes in. That 30XP excess that you earned earlier, it still has to be deducted from your account, and this only happens whenever you reconnect to the servers. So now you can disconnect, turn the game off, whatever. The next time you start up the game (or just reconnect to the game servers) the 30XP is removed and you will be at -30XP (level 30).

Step 6:
Reconnect to the servers at any point to find you are at level 30 now. Join any lobby (not as host) and the trophy will pop. Congratulations! You have just bypassed at least 100 hours of XP grinding to level 30!

Thanks for your help that's a really easy way to understand thank you. 

8 hours ago, freshruinz said:

Thanks for your help that's a really easy way to understand thank you. 

No problem. Glad it helped. Feel free to ask if you're not sure about anything else.

I added a summary to my post btw, just to make it easier to find the important info.

• 1 year later...