Life is strange before the storm problem with Canon choice to life is strange 1 (spoilers)

Hello everyone.

Tommorow I am going to start again the lis bts becouse i am going to see a complete video guide on all the main and minor/side choices in the game. 

My main goal is to create 1 save in the game (like the only save i have with my choices that i have all on my own or in some part i used some information of the other choice after i finished a chapter to see what is more fits me and the direction my story is going to be). 

But with life is strange before the storm i always find the same choice in the problem of what us more better to the story to connect to the first game because the bts is a prequel to the first game and all the choices i made are means to be connected to the first game (after all is set before the first game and although i finish the first game on the ps3 i find some different but it's not the point now) 

The problem is in the before the storm episode 2 you have to find for the Caravan man (don't remember his name) that is gave to chloe the formula that cost money and have a debt to do and is to take money from a person (that is aperently know) and if you do the debt you have for the Caravan man will be half but you have the choice to lissen to the guy you take his money and to stay in his room with your friend and his brother from the dungeons and dragon game and that person will brake his knee after fight with another and the main criminal of the game (at least its seems like that) or to help that person and his brother will brake is hand

And that is the problem what is more canon to the events of the first game because the character is not mentioned at all in that game. 

I need help with that because I don't want to restart it in the 4th or 5th time after restart it tommorow. 

I will see the comments before restart the game and chack my progress before I restart the game to see what I wanted and what I want to do on my own as my choices and what choices i do if what the others once is seems me logic to be Canon to the life is strange 1 plot and choices that i made in my save. 

Also I have other problem with some choices that I didn't understand in the episode 2 of before the storm but I hope the video that I going to watch tommorow will help me with thouse choices. 

Thanks for everyone that will help me its very important to me to finally complete this and finish the game for the first time because I almost half year stuck on this one and the time that pass I played other games. 

Was a bit troublesome to read all that because of all the grammatical flaws, but... 

1 hour ago, shai_sr12345 said:

Hello everyone.

Tommorow I am going to start again the lis bts becouse i am going to see a complete video guide on all the main and minor/side choices in the game. 

My main goal is to create 1 save in the game (like the only save i have with my choices that i have all on my own or in some part i used some information of the other choice after i finished a chapter to see what is more fits me and the direction my story is going to be). 

But with life is strange before the storm i always find the same choice in the problem of what us more better to the story to connect to the first game because the bts is a prequel to the first game and all the choices i made are means to be connected to the first game (after all is set before the first game and although i finish the first game on the ps3 i find some different but it's not the point now) 

The problem is in the before the storm episode 2 you have to find for the Caravan man (don't remember his name) that is gave to chloe the formula that cost money and have a debt to do and is to take money from a person (that is aperently know) and if you do the debt you have for the Caravan man will be half but you have the choice to lissen to the guy you take his money and to stay in his room with your friend and his brother from the dungeons and dragon game and that person will brake his knee after fight with another and the main criminal of the game (at least its seems like that) or to help that person and his brother will brake is hand

And that is the problem what is more canon to the events of the first game because the character is not mentioned at all in that game. 

I need help with that because I don't want to restart it in the 4th or 5th time after restart it tommorow. 

I will see the comments before restart the game and chack my progress before I restart the game to see what I wanted and what I want to do on my own as my choices and what choices i do if what the others once is seems me logic to be Canon to the life is strange 1 plot and choices that i made in my save. 

Also I have other problem with some choices that I didn't understand in the episode 2 of before the storm but I hope the video that I going to watch tommorow will help me with thouse choices. 

Thanks for everyone that will help me its very important to me to finally complete this and finish the game for the first time because I almost half year stuck on this one and the time that pass I played other games. 

The character you're referring to not being mentioned is Damon. I don't remember if he's mentioned in LiS, but what exactly would make it a problem? His name not being mentioned doesn't necessarily mean the interactions from BtS isn't canon or is a plot hole. As long as the story doesn't contradict the events with Damon, it should be fine.

10 hours ago, EcoShifter said:

Was a bit troublesome to read all that because of all the grammatical flaws, but... 

The character you're referring to not being mentioned is Damon. I don't remember if he's mentioned in LiS, but what exactly would make it a problem? His name not being mentioned doesn't necessarily mean the interactions from BtS isn't canon or is a plot hole. As long as the story doesn't contradict the events with Damon, it should be fine.

OK thank you for your response but my question is what is more canon to pick from that choices after checking in the game wikia I find this is the following of the mission:

Drew's name can later be seen in the list of people owing money to Frank in his RV. Frank mentions that Drew "runs oxy" for Damon Merrick, and asks Chloe to go to Drew's room and retrieve the debt. Shortly after taking the money from a padlocked trunk, Mikey enters Drew's room and is surprised to see Chloe standing there. Drew then appears and tells everyone to get outside, but they are interrupted by Damon, who is looking out for Drew. Drew tells Chloe and Mikey to stay quiet and closes the door. An argument breaks out between Drew and Damon, and after some time Damon starts beating up Drew. Chloe has the option to open the door or stay in the room with Mikey.

Give Damon the money

Chloe opens the door and tells Damon that Frank sent her to collect Drew's debt. Mikey rushes to help Drew and breaks his arm while trying to prevent Chloe from handing the money to Damon. Damon threatens to break Drew's knees if he steals money again, and leaves the dorms. Drew becomes angry at Chloe for intervening into their affairs, saying that the money was necessary.

Stay with Mikey

Damon continues to beat up Drew and breaks his knee in the process. He then says that he will talk with Mikey next unless Drew gives him the money, and leaves the dorms. Chloe and Mikey open the door, and Mikey rushes to help his brother. Drew is grateful to Chloe for staying inside. Chloe then has the opportunity to give the money to Drew or keep it. If Chloe gives the money to Drew, he will at first be irritated at the fact that Chloe took it from him, but then admits that his father needs the money way more than Damon.

Also i didn't mention that i see in the mission that the person have a letter about his football career and a lot of people choose the option to stay with his brother and Drew will brake his knee instead of the other one

How much choose this opption: 

You stayed with Mikey. - 65%

You gave Damon the money. - 35%

And this is the main problem that I have in episode 2 and don't know what is more canon

24 minutes ago, shai_sr12345 said:

OK thank you for your response but my question is what is more canon to pick from that choices after checking in the game wikia I find this is the following of the mission:

Drew's name can later be seen in the list of people owing money to Frank in his RV. Frank mentions that Drew "runs oxy" for Damon Merrick, and asks Chloe to go to Drew's room and retrieve the debt. Shortly after taking the money from a padlocked trunk, Mikey enters Drew's room and is surprised to see Chloe standing there. Drew then appears and tells everyone to get outside, but they are interrupted by Damon, who is looking out for Drew. Drew tells Chloe and Mikey to stay quiet and closes the door. An argument breaks out between Drew and Damon, and after some time Damon starts beating up Drew. Chloe has the option to open the door or stay in the room with Mikey.

Give Damon the money

Chloe opens the door and tells Damon that Frank sent her to collect Drew's debt. Mikey rushes to help Drew and breaks his arm while trying to prevent Chloe from handing the money to Damon. Damon threatens to break Drew's knees if he steals money again, and leaves the dorms. Drew becomes angry at Chloe for intervening into their affairs, saying that the money was necessary.

Stay with Mikey

Damon continues to beat up Drew and breaks his knee in the process. He then says that he will talk with Mikey next unless Drew gives him the money, and leaves the dorms. Chloe and Mikey open the door, and Mikey rushes to help his brother. Drew is grateful to Chloe for staying inside. Chloe then has the opportunity to give the money to Drew or keep it. If Chloe gives the money to Drew, he will at first be irritated at the fact that Chloe took it from him, but then admits that his father needs the money way more than Damon.

Also i didn't mention that i see in the mission that the person have a letter about his football career and a lot of people choose the option to stay with his brother and Drew will brake his knee instead of the other one

How much choose this opption: 

You stayed with Mikey. - 65%

You gave Damon the money. - 35%

And this is the main problem that I have in episode 2 and don't know what is more canon

"What is the more canon choice?"

Canonically, it doesn't matter... if the event truly has little to no relevance to LiS and even the ending of BtS itself.

Why (extended)? Because characters like Drew, Mikey, and obviously Damon don't even appear in LiS. Whether Drew gets his knee broken or not (/whether Chloe gives Damon the money or stay with Mikey), he doesn't stay at Blackwell during the events of LiS. Whether Mikey gets his arm broken or not (/again because whether Chloe gives the money or stays with Mikey), he doesn't return in LiS, either. Drew and Mikey in full entirety have like no significance to the LiS plot and Chloe's development as a character.

All of this will only matter, or matter moreso, if the (rumor?) about BtS2 is actually happening.

Edited by EcoShifter