Walking issue

Crispy_Oglop

Is anyone else finding Akiyama's movement really choppy? I think this has something to do with the game procedurally generating pedestrians as I move him around the city in relation to how he moves, but he walks really jittery.

If I weave him left and right rapidly as he moves forward he reaches normal speed. But walking in a straight line goes from walking speed to moving as if he is rubber-banding. I'm playing on a PS4 Slim, but I don't think that's the issue, feels like it's more down to the port itself.

I haven't moved on to the other characters yet, but after playing through all of the previous remasters and remakes, this one feels the least polished.

22 hours ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

Is anyone else finding Akiyama's movement really choppy? I think this has something to do with the game procedurally generating pedestrians as I move him around the city in relation to how he moves, but he walks really jittery.

If I weave him left and right rapidly as he moves forward he reaches normal speed. But walking in a straight line goes from walking speed to moving as if he is rubber-banding. I'm playing on a PS4 Slim, but I don't think that's the issue, feels like it's more down to the port itself.

I haven't moved on to the other characters yet, but after playing through all of the previous remasters and remakes, this one feels the least polished.

It's not only Akiyama. Sometimes it felt like walking on a treadmill. I even have problems to avoid random fights with Kiryu, so he seems to be much slower.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, xXK-oZXx said:

It's not only Akiyama. Sometimes it felt like walking on a treadmill. I even have problems to avoid random fights with Kiryu, so he seems to be much slower.

Phew, thought it was just me, I couldn't find any folks on other sites talking about this particular thing.

Night-time Kamurocho seems totally fine in terms of performance, I'm running around with Akiyama at the moment and it's smooth. There are less people outside though, so i'm wondering if it really is to do with the number of pedestrians they set to appear during the day causing the movement issues