Small tips for EX's.

The-Smiths-85

Hi. Everyone knows that the DLC's in this game can be a pain in "you know where". While there's a well-known solution (using additional "players" for more lives and keeping them on the air power ups), noone mentions that after you complete last level of every EX you have to lose the rest of your lives with other spelunkers. Then you have to wait until the countdown goes to 0 and press "X" after "Game Over" screen. This way the game will register that you've completed it.

There's also not much information on the web about certain murals. For those having problems finding last one in 8th EX - it's in the far right-down corner of the 10th level. You can't see it as it's beyond the screen, but you can hear that you're bumping onto something - a stone obstacle. Just go beyond the screen, use a bomb and get back. Then you can get it. I can't remember accordingly but one of the murals is also hidden behind a destructible wall, next to the throne. I think it was also in the 8th EX and somewhere in the middle of that DLC.

Another tip is for the mural which seems to be unobtainable, somewhere in the 9th EX. It's on the far right and above one of the thrones. What you need to do there is turn on the moving platforms (by getting close to the throne) and get back to the long rope. There are invisible platforms (use a flare to see them) which will take you to the moving ones. It's an area with a red snake, disappearing platforms, red buttons, laser gateways and a massive pyramid in the background.

!!! IMPORTANT !!!

The last mural of the 7th EX is glitched in some way. After entering to the last cave it's highly recommended to not use a "Save & Exit" option (Solo excursion). The mural is in the far left-down area and you will have to pass the giant bird but after the save it won't wake up, making your prize unreachable. The only way out of this glitch is to get back to the start of the cave and then head down as it will unblock the bird. But getting back up

is often harder than doing it the normal way so it's better to complete this area without the saving option.

The 2nd and 3rd EX's have murals which can only be obtained by using yellow ropes which require three players. So, you will have to stand on the air power ups with other spelunkers and get to those areas with three of them.

Good luck!

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 18/06/2020 at 0:45 AM, MMDE said:

Yeah, this I pointed out in the guide I wrote back in 2012, which I also ported here several years ago. :P 

I didn't see this guide. That would help me back when I was platting the game. Where is it? ?

Edited by The-Smiths-85
Grammar mistake :)

Somehow I've found the 4th DLC to be the most frustrating one due to the randomness of the earthquakes. It wasn't something you could control so it made the completion much harder. But the hardest ones were the 3rd and the 5th. Aztec theme had many traps and each one had its own timing so it was hard to remember it all. The icy caverns weren't too bad but the last area was awfully hard, mostly cause you had to complete the course twice to get the mural ?