DLC

It would of been nice if Sekiro got an expansion/DLC like the other Souls/BB games. They won Game of the Year, feels weird to have no DLC to such a successful game.

Guess they shifted to Elden Ring or perhaps problems with Activision.

Also, this song is awesome :D

Edited by Typical PSNPee User

10 minutes ago, Typical PSNPee User said:

It would of been nice if Sekiro got an expansion/DLC like the other Souls/BB games. They won Game of the Year, feels weird to have no DLC to such a successful game.

Guess they shifted to Elden Ring or perhaps problems with Activision.

Also, this song is awesome :D

This right here pretty much sums up why there’s no DLC. The devs were so confident of their product it doesn’t need DLC. I, for one, am glad there’s no DLC. Not all games need DLC. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, kidson2004 said:

This right here pretty much sums up why there’s no DLC. The devs were so confident of their product it doesn’t need DLC. I, for one, am glad there’s no DLC. Not all games need DLC. 

So you're saying they weren't confident about Dark Souls 1 2 3 and Bloodborne? :) 

5 minutes ago, NekoRave said:

Hmm, well older games at a prime example, game didn't need to cut up, goty games like Simpsons hit and run didn't need more chapters, they simply made other games after the fact, so id say from a consumer aspect, if the game feels complete it's more than likely finished, if not it's a pleasant surprise if there is additional content not cut from the main game

If i recall older games couldn't add an expansion/dlc digitally.

Does this mean every old game (PS2 era and earlier) were absolutely "Complete"?

So are you saying if games did not get a sequel, the original game is incomplete?

How can we determine, if a game "Feels" complete then?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, NekoRave said:

No, if the game ended and they felt that's where it should be then usually that means its complete. Its up to the developers, so if they expanded on it with a brand new game that the original game would still be complete.

So a game is perceived to be completed due to the developer's input, not the view of the consumer?

Its like Luigi's Mansion is still its own game didnt need to be expanded upon and even if it was in an internet era(which I wasn't), the whole mansion was one game. If you played it you'd know there wasn't really a need for anything other than the mansion you played in, story was long enough, 10/10 game, and the moved on to make other games and so on.

Luigi's Mansion? I can't find it on the PSNP database, is it a PSP game? No trophies?

Edit: Oh it's a Nintendo game. Interesting. So the mansion in the game represents it's completeness?

I don't believe every game needs to have additional content, but as long as the game doesn't end feeling like it's a hollowed out game, then its fine tbh.

How can we determine if a game is "hollowed out"?

Which games should or should not have additional content/expansion?

TBH? Were you not being honest before this statement?

Id rather devs focus attention on one new game, than a new game and dlc.

Resources wise I'd want a higher quality and produced game versus resources spilt adding half hearted new games/content

Is it about what you want or what the developer's want? What does the consumer want?

How can we determine if a game is higher quality?

I'd argue that a game can be complete and still be open for more DLC. I also think it's a bit inaccurate to say that because the developers are confident in their product, they don't feel the need to add more DLC/expansions. DLC, when done right, expands upon the story told in the main game and can often be a way to give fans more of the world and explore parts of the game/setting that perhaps couldn't be sustained in a full-length game narrative.

There are plenty of examples of great GOTY/"complete" games that still have DLC and expansions, so unless you think Sekiro's world is so bland that there is nothing left to explore, then what's wrong with adding some DLC before the next installment that may or may not come? And if you feel like you're done with the game and enjoyed it for what it was, good for you. You can just ignore the DLC if it gets released.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NekoRave said:

Yes, its the developers game, if they decide they are done they have every right they are the creators.

Not every game has to be PlayStation or have trophies to be an example

If a game is clearly cut content sold to you to progress the main story.

Thats up tho the developers, you can want dlc, but the creators determine when the game is finished.

tbh is a phrase, you can Google other acronyms to learn modern lingos

Clearly it doesn't matter what I want, if a developer decides the games done I'm not going to force him to be hostage in his office making dlc because I WANT it.

Non subjectively a game is  higher quality if it isn't broken day one (anthem) versus games that take longer to develop to be higher quality (FFVII Remake, Cyberpunk)

How can we determine if a game has clearly cut content, can you cite some examples?

3 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I think you're asking questions that can't be answered @Typical PSNPee User. We could do this all day and night. You felt like there should be DLC, while others don't.

However, it's up to the developer in the end and how they ultimately determine why there is or isn't DLC. My guess would be that they are putting more resources on a PS5 game (BB 2, maybe?) and decided not to put resources into Sekiro DLC.

How can we determine if questions can't ultimately be never answered even in the distant future?

Dark Souls 1 2 3 and Bloodborne had expansions. It seems this time Sekiro is the exception this time.

Perhaps BB2 or perhaps all resources shifted to Elden Ring instead. We will never know unless From Software or Activision decided to give us more info.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
Removed griefing
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, SinisterPledge said:

I'd argue that a game can be complete and still be open for more DLC. I also think it's a bit inaccurate to say that because the developers are confident in their product, they don't feel the need to add more DLC/expansions. DLC, when done right, expands upon the story told in the main game and can often be a way to give fans more of the world and explore parts of the game/setting that perhaps couldn't be sustained in a full-length game narrative.

There are plenty of examples of great GOTY/"complete" games that still have DLC and expansions, so unless you think Sekiro's world is so bland that there is nothing left to explore, then what's wrong with adding some DLC before the next installment that may or may not come? And if you feel like you're done with the game and enjoyed it for what it was, good for you. You can just ignore the DLC if it gets released.

That's a solid argument.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Typical PSNPee User said:

How can we determine if a game has clearly cut content, can you cite some examples?

Asking questions in a polite manner makes one retarded?

Edit: It seems your post was deleted, technical problem?

How can we determine if questions can't ultimately be never answered even in the distant future?

Dark Souls 1 2 3 and Bloodborne had expansions. It seems this time Sekiro is the exception this time.

Perhaps BB2 or perhaps all resources shifted to Elden Ring instead. We will never know unless From Software or Activision decided to give us more info.

There is one way. Ask the developers and hope for an answer.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NekoRave said:

You can do your research on it if you wish, there's plenty of games that have content cut from the main game and resold to users. (Which wouldn't be the case with the game on topic as the game is already finished with no intention of adding dlc)

One example would be destiny as I'll humor you for one example.

Games dlc was clearly cut and resold to users as an "expansion"

How was it determined that Destiny/Activision/Bungie cut content and resold to users? Was there an investigation by various journalists or some sort of expert of cut content criminology?

5 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

There is one way. Ask the developers and hope for an answer.

That is an interesting notion.

10 minutes ago, NekoRave said:

Like i said, im giving an example, bungie was already confirmed caught reselling cut content as dlc, many videos on YouTube on it as well as articles etc etc.

But not to detail the thread, the point of saying that was an example of a hollow.out game, so you got an example of it.

Which as I said wouldn't pertain to the game mentioned in the thread anyways as it's a finished product not cut content resold to gamers while destiny is just one example of the latter 

Caught? By the police? Have charges been filed? YouTube is the judicial branch of video game fraud? Hopefully all those intelligent and savvy gamers got their money back from being tricked into buying resold content.

Yes let's not detail, excuse me, I mean derail this thread.

Sekiro was an amazing game. It has no expansion like the other Souls game. It would of been nice, but life goes on. Thank you, I have enjoyed our discussion : )