Persona 4 Arena Score attack mode tips...

You only have problems against Aigis ?

Not "only", in 4 attempts 3 of them I lose against Mitsuru or Akihiko.

Then I may get a very insane AI before them & die.

I may understood how to fight Aigis, the only problem is reach her because I start to feel the pressure xD.

Versus is useless, I can't learn almost anything there.

Edited by VirtualNight

Mitsuru and Akihiko are one of the easiest opponents in Score Attack. You can spam both to death with just your FA as Labrys FA is the strongest of all. Plus if you want you can even start the wall juggle with her after FA. Dont forget when you have your Awakend on you can snick out your BP. go into a corner and pull your BP. 

Mitsuru and Akihiko are one of the easiest opponents in Score Attack. You can spam both to death with just your FA as Labrys FA is the strongest of all. Plus if you want you can even start the wall juggle with her after FA. Dont forget when you have your Awakend on you can snick out your BP. go into a corner and pull your BP. 

Spamming FA on Mitsuru sounds risky, I'll try on Versus.

FA on Akihiko I think that can't work, often nothing happens to him, he just stands up without getting damage... or I may try to block the killrush & charge FA to release it when he does another killrush or other attacks.

If you not happen to get a hit on him then its you and not the strat. I completed all characters with only FA and not even used a single auto combo, so dont say it doesnt work. It might doesnt work because yu dont know when to do it but it does work. EVen playing as aigis i can kill misturu by just using her FA and megido. Akihiko always using his 236A followed by his striaght row attacks, but these one are easily FA'd. Make sure to FA as late as possible. That means you already see him punching then you trigger it. And if all that doesnt work for you just use her auto combo since Labrys has the most unfair hitbox of all. You can start pressing A miles away from th opponent and for akihiko its even better since he always comes forward to you.

Btw where is the problem you only need to win 1 round anyway..

• Like 1

If you not happen to get a hit on him then its you and not the strat. I completed all characters with only FA and not even used a single auto combo, so dont say it doesnt work. It might doesnt work because yu dont know when to do it but it does work. EVen playing as aigis i can kill misturu by just using her FA and megido. Akihiko always using his 236A followed by his striaght row attacks, but these one are easily FA'd. Make sure to FA as late as possible. That means you already see him punching then you trigger it. And if all that doesnt work for you just use her auto combo since Labrys has the most unfair hitbox of all. You can start pressing A miles away from th opponent and for akihiko its even better since he always comes forward to you.

Btw where is the problem you only need to win 1 round anyway..

I see, maybe I don't like the idea of the health that it costs :D ...

For Liz I was thinking: when she is Awakening, I must jump everytime she recovers & has 50 sp or simply charged FA is good too?

Liz is easy aswell. Just wait for her start attack as she usually sents thanatos C attack followed by D. Simple jump over his grab and B attack her into auto combo cancel before sp release. Then simply spam auto combo whenever you see her doing that thanatos spam crap. You can even FA into thanatos. When she goes awakend mode simply look for her to go into that ghastly wailllllll stance and wait for her to closly trigger it so you can jump up to her over the sp and attack with B into 5AAA cancel before sp release. Repeat that and she is the easy butter you put on your bread for breakfast. 

Oh well i need to mention i use the "FA" method because i never get hit in SA or barly to never. Thats why i use FA because i dont care if i have only 1% life . So if you are good and dont get hit use FA strat if you do happen to not know all counters attacks etc and get hit alot use auto cobo.

• Like 1

I just got this game today and plan on starting this game. I've been reading this thread and it looks like I have plenty of reference material to help me through challenge mode and score attack mode, which seems to be the hardest part, but I just want to make sure all of the trophies were still achievable?

• Like 1

I just got this game today and plan on starting this game. I've been reading this thread and it looks like I have plenty of reference material to help me through challenge mode and score attack mode, which seems to be the hardest part, but I just want to make sure all of the trophies were still achievable?

All of the trophies can be perfectly achieved without technical problems or game glitching (if that's what you're asking).

Awesome, thanks for the replies! I was just making sure I could knock out the online ones early on and just slowly work towards the challenging single player trophies. If anyone wants to add me for the online trophies feel free! Sorry to take the thread off topic for a bit.

Edited by PoisedTorment
  • Like 1

Awesome, thanks for the replies! I was just making sure I could knock out the online ones early on and just slowly work towards the challenging single player trophies. If anyone wants to add me for the online trophies feel free! Sorry to take the thread off topic for a bit.

No problem. I'd suggest you make a boosting session for the online trophies. That should get you set up to tackle them :)

First run done! special thanks to Lord_Ra, iKillGods & P_ixels for the tips, which I used combined with my intuition to build my noob tactic.

As always, whenever I do something hard then I share tips.

I did this run with Labrys without using the pause, so if I did it, anyone else can too because I'm a noob, which influenced even the difficulty that I gave (for alot of people they are much easier). Because of these 2 things, I was limited against several characters so is more luck than skills.

In any time the AI may go insane so the difficulty is given considering a normal AI.

If you're a skilled player is better that you look for other tips, mine are for not good players, please don't say things like :"wait isn't a good idea because you can do this & then..." unless these things can be done by noobs without problems, in fact I couldn't do all the things told to me because I'm not skilled enough.

So, my general tactic was to use 5AAAA (without the 5th A which is for sp skill, you can do it if it'll kill the AI), whenever AI recovers wait few instants & autocombo again, by this way is less probably that AI will block because it'll get counter by trying to attack (I'll call this autocombo with counters), however don't do this if AI has Burst or 50SP.

When AI is Awakening let it use something to reduce sp meter less than 50, usually I do a crouch block & then stand crouches.

I start not winning rounds with FA.

I'll describe the attacks for what they appear instead of using their names, because we noobs don't want to study every enemy attack & know how they are called :D .

There are be some exceptions (i'll color them in red) for all these things, let's see them:

Yosuke (4/10): since is the first fight you can practice in SA instead of Versus, nothing particular to say. If he's in air try to stay beneath him, so that when he'll use shurikens he'll miss you & you can punish.

Spam autocombos as soon as he recovers without trying the counters.

For IK strategy do it as soon as possible after burst, or while Yosuke uses his tornado.

Naoto (2/10): very easy,  I prefer spam autocombos as soon as she recovers without counters. Remember that for her revolver she just needs to cancel for restore bullets (is the same principle that Ubisoft will adopt soon for theyr shooter games), but if she shoots 5 times in air, run to her & do evasive action at 6th shoot to punish her.

For IK, after burst wait around 0.500 secs before it, otherwise Naoto's shield will work.

Yukiko (6/10): I'm not expert in japanese things, I don't know how are called those things that she throws, I'll call them shurikens.

So, at the beginning I used charged FA, my main strategy was to attack with FA anytime she was little far but in range attack or she was using her 50Sp attacks, you can use autocombos with counters.

She can use something similar to burst (that pink aura), if that happens you'll be thrown away, but now she usually throw shurikens in air so simply run to her & use FA when you're close to her & when she summons her persona.

When she is awakening, don't attack if she has 50 sp, she'll always use her persona (if isn't broken ofc), so just charge FA & release at right time to avoid damage, damage her persona & Yukiko.

If however she uses that attack which makes come flames from right & left, you'll get damage in any case (we noobs can't counter this).

For IK, do it asap.

Teddie (7/10): start with FA, then use autocombo with counters.

If he uses missiles, avoid them with evasive action at right time & attack, attack also if he does that flying auger before he lands,

For his circum bear, without the pause you must memorise when the first attack will come, then just doublejump/superjump asap.

If the first hit gets you, don't recover to avoid the second, then recover before get hit from 3rd attack so that it won't hurt you.

For IK, wait 1 sec after the burst or for unknown reasons you'll miss.

Kanji (8.5/10): forget spamming autocombo, just like already said by Lord_Ra, stay away & attack after he misses his air grab, start the round with FA, probably it'll work.

When you reach the corner, I found the best hit Kanji with FA (during his air grab or other attacks,), then if he is thrown in air run to him, evasive action to pass him & dash behind. This part will be always dangerous & may not work.

I prefered not trying Ik, usually it doesn't work, so save the burst & use it if you get stucked in corner & kanji blocks or uses burst, or if he goes too much aggressive.

If you really want to risk, is less probably that Kanji will avoid/block IK if he's close to you.

Chie (7/10): at the beginning I found the best just run to her & using an evasive action, then stay away from her & when she does that blue flying kick, before she lands use autocombo, go away & repeat.

She may just throw herself in air & attack with the persona, in this case you can try to attack with autocombo the persona & maybe you'll end to attack Chie too, or you can try to hold FA & release while she's attacking.

If she does those air multiple kicks you can use autocombo at right time (your range attack is higher than hers) or hold FA & release before she reaches you.

Remember to only block if she has 49+sp in awakening, because she may use her 50sp moves even after the blue flying kick, block the first attack with crouch then with stand crouches.

Mitsuru (9/10): at the beginning jump & do 214A to crash on her, then spam autocombo with counters... if she blocks (if you have the right time with counters it'll be rare) use quick FA, usually she'll do that aerial circle attack, now you must do another FA asap before she hits you.

If she is far, let her use her persona spear, then double crouch block, stand block twice, & then charged FA, use it if she does that attacks where she throws at you with her blinked sword.

I prefered use the burst if I got freeze & can't get free before die.

Don't think to block her attacks to let her use the 50sp moves, because she doesn't do them if she doesn't hit you first (at least, in my case was always like this), do this if she's awakening for easy punish after these attacks.

For IK, burst & IK asap.

Masochist way: you can let her attack you untill you're awakening, then attack her like said before, when she has less than half HP, use 214214B with red axe, this will kill her.

Akihiko (5/10): use only FA, charge & release at right times, these are the blinks, aerial crash, or killrushes, but in this last case you must be very fast, to release it during the attack or you'll miss.

By this way you'll probably go in awakening, so use brutal 214214B with red axe for alot of damage.

For IK, burst & IK asap.

From here, I did few fights against them so I won't say alot.

Aigis (9/10): start with FA, then use the autocombo with counters, but even in this case she'll block often, in this case use charged FA at right time, but don't do anything if she has 49+ sp, go away & let her use something to reduce the sp meter less than 50, usually the attack she does is that big shield, just block it & punish, however by this way she may spam alot of missiles/minigun, so you may prefer to stay little close to her.

Nothing else to add, read previous posts which say everything about her.

For IK, burst & IK asap.

Yu (8/10): Use autocombos with counters, but when he enters in awakening let him use his 50 sp attacks.

For IK, burst & IK asap.

Shadow Labrys (9/10): I said posts ago that I wanted to try the grab way (only grabs), it worked, but is VERY risky, because she may use the slide to hit you, & you may even die!!

I haven't tested this, but you may want to do like for Akihiko, only FA, but you must release it only after that her Aoa hits of after her FA, if she does other attacks then you can try to release quickly or hold & release as late as possible while praying that it'll work :) .

Labrys (8.5/10): here use FA at beginning, then use autocombo with counters, like for first characters, at least this worked for me, but I fought her once in this mode.

Elizabeth (6/10): not as crazy as I thought (i got an easy one?), at beginning superjump & land with 214A, then spam autocombos with counters (can be risky, so you may prefer without counters, i alternated both because of the pressure xD), if you want to risk (or it just happens) you can go in awakening & then attack, then use with red axe 214214B, she'll die if she has less than 50% of HP, try this especially if she heals, you have few HP & the time is going to end.

If she blocks your autocombo, you can try with charged FA or superjump & 214A, otherwise you can risk & keep attacking her, eventually she'll grab you to give you a negative effect, if this happens come back to her in the same way you did for Aigis, unless she is awakening because she'll heal herself.

For IK, first do like in previous rounds to approach her, then burst & IK asap? well, it failed 3 times in my case!! in all 3 cases I was far from her. It worked when I got 100 sp after an autocombo while I was cornering her.

So, Labrys is for sure one of the easiest, because her attacks have the highest range & her 214214 A/B with red axe is probably the strongest thing you can do (except IKs ofc) & her IK is pretty good

Now it's Mitsuru time, I red is one of the hardest :( .

Edited by VirtualNight
  • Like 2

From easiest to hardest characaters:

>Aigis, Naoto, Yu, Labrys, ShadLabrys, Mitsuru, Akihiko, Teddie, Yosuke, Kanji, Liz, chie and Yukiko.<

it depends, you look very skilled so you may have a total different difficulties on this game, I red people saying even the almost exact opposite of this lineup.

I feel that Aigis is one of the hardest (unless I can spam unlimited missiles?), with Mitsuru & Kanji.

Liz? all her attacks seem to make her very strong, even if she has few HP, only her IK is horrible, same for Shadow Labrys, surely i must forget the IK for her too.

Well if you are the kind of player that spams then liz is easy but i dont use her laserbeam so it is way harder than you jmagine. Aigis is prolly the easiest of all . Just use her megido combo or her aoa into megido gids Athene combo. Her insta kill is prettu good aswell.

• Like 1

Ok, I did several attempts with Mitsuru.

Usually I can't do 2 autocombos in a row because after the 1st the AI sometimes can hit me before I can (or we both get hit).

The only good things are the Bufudyne & IK.

I'm using few autocombos with ALOT of FAs, I don't think that there is an easier way (or yes?), this can make Yukiko a very problem because after my FA she recovers in air (like all characters) & she can throw shurikens or doing other things.

For Mitsuru I chose to block her attacks & only FA at right moment with a delay after her coup droit.

Same of Akihiko, so 1 hit at the end can kill me, but I think there isn't an easier way.

I'm worry for Aigis, what should I do? only FA when I'm close to her?

For Yu?

Edited by VirtualNight

You can do her score attack with no auto combo at all. Just use marin karin to get more meter and use only million steps sp. I always burst right at the start of round 1 so i have 100sp and i can do 2x times the sp. Aswell you can use her charge attack "coup droit".

• 2 weeks later...

Ok need help!

After alot of attempts I found a good way for Mitsuru with her autocombo spam & coup-droit B, however I'm stuck with Yu.

Without the pause, read all his attacks is impossible (for me) so I found a way involving alot of coup-droit B to avoid his aerial attacks after my FA to avoid it, then evasive action at right time & autocombo spam.

This works, but when he goes awakening... he doesn't use immediately his Sp skills, he wants always to attack me first, I try to block but always soon or later I don't read in time if do a stand or crouch block, so he can hit me & use SP which kills me.

I was thinking: at this point, instead of wait his SP skills, can't I just keep using the same tactic that I wrote during awakening? with luck it may work... or is there a better way?

Another idea: after my autocombo if he goes awakening I run away & use the burst if he come close so that I'm far & he keeps using his Zio 25 sp.... good idea?

EDIT: ok done, I died 4 times against Liz, I hate when she heals herself! in all 4 cases I lost because of that!

Edited by VirtualNight

Run with Mitsuru done!! no pause-exploit again, but I forgot to send the results... this doesn't matter for the trophy... right? RIGHT?? :( :( :(

Now I copy & past what I wrote for Labrys, & I'll modify it.

WARNING: Vid for skilled players:

I did this run with Mitsuru without using the pause, so if I did it, anyone else can too because I'm a noob, from this character the difficulties that I'll give are personal, they decreased because now I have ALOT of attempts.

In any time the AI may go insane so the difficulty is given considering a normal AI.

If you're a skilled player is better that you look for other tips, mine are for not good players, please don't say things like :"wait isn't a good idea because you can do this & then..." unless these things can be done by noobs without problems.

So, my general tactic was to use 5AAAAAA + 7th A (depending on the situation), with alot of coup droit B, whenever AI recovers wait few instants & autocombo again (not against any character!), by this way is less probably that AI will block because it'll get counter by trying to attack (I'll call this autocombo with counters), however don't do this if AI has Burst or 50SP.

Note that you MUST learn the coup droit minimum charge time, & be able to use it after blocking or other situations.

When AI is Awakening let it use something to reduce sp meter less than 50, usually I do a crouch block & then stand crouches.

I start not winning rounds with FA.

There are be some exceptions for all these things, let's see them:

Yosuke (3/10): since is the first fight you can practice in SA instead of Versus, nothing particular to say. If he's in air try charge Coup droit B, block shurikens, then release.

Spam autocombos as soon as he recovers without trying the counters.

For IK strategy do it as soon as possible after burst, or while Yosuke uses his tornado.

During tornado, right before it ends, you can use 236236B.

Naoto (2/10): very easy,  I prefer spam autocombos as soon as she recovers without counters. Remember that for her revolver she just needs to cancel for restore bullets (is the same principle that Ubisoft will adopt soon for theyr shooter games), but if she shoots 5 times in air, run to her & do evasive action at 6th shoot to punish her.

During awakening, if she uses those 2 sp skills with weapons, if you are under her use Bufadyne, if she does that sp skills where she walks, you can block & 236236B or avoid with evasive action & autocombo.

For IK, after burst wait around 0.500 secs before it, otherwise Naoto's shield will work.

Yukiko (7.5/10): I'm not expert in japanese things, I don't know how are called those things that she throws, I'll call them shurikens.

So, at the beginning I used charged FA, then charge Coup droit B & release before she lands, then massacre her with autocombos with counters.

She can use something similar to burst (that pink aura), if that happens you'll be thrown away, so use coup droit B to back close.

When she is awakening, don't attack if she has 50 sp, she often uses her 50 sp skills, counter this with Bufadyne, may happen that no one of the 2 sp skills will work, but Yukiko has a longer time of recover so you can start to attack her with coup droit A - autocombo.

If however she uses that attack which makes come flames from right & left, you'll get damage in any case (we noobs can't counter this), however after all my attempts sometimes I can avoid this with double jump & aerial dash.

For IK, do it asap.

Teddie (7.5/10): start with FA, then use autocombo with counters.

If he uses missiles, block them & release coup droit B.

For his circum bear, without the pause you must memorise when the first attack will come, then just doublejump/superjump asap.

If the first hit gets you, don't recover to avoid the second, then recover before get hit from 3rd attack so that it won't hurt you (may not work).

For IK, wait 0.500 sec after the burst or you'll miss.

Kanji (5/10): forget spamming autocombo, just like already said by Lord_Ra, stay away & attack after he misses his air grab, start the round with FA while walking on him, probably it'll work.

Be sure to save an autocombo sp skill before he goes awakening, otherwise he'll try a sp grab (instant death!), you can avoid with fast rushes back, FA or burst.

When you reach the corner, I found the best go away with coup droit B (or you'll hit him & throw him away).

This fight is boring for me, so I always tried the IK tactic.

Chie (5/10): use FA at beginning, & stay away, whenever she does an attack close to you punish with FA, but be carefull: using FA will put her in a BOEING737 WANNABE, so if she is too high & close to you (horizontal distance) go away with coup droit B.

Remember to only block if she has 49+sp in awakening, because she may use her 50sp moves even after the blue flying kick, block the first 2 attacks with crouch then with stand crouches.

Mitsuru (6/10): I found a great way (or is just experience?): at beginning FA (90% works), then coup droit B to be close to her if she does the aerial spear, or if she lands use coupo droit B too, in both cases you wil approach her, now spam autocombo without counters, if she blocks better end autocombo (WITHOUT SP SKILL), then prepare to block: I do 2 crouch blocks, then stand blocks, if she uses bufala use coup droit A - autocombo, same if she does FA or that sword attack where she does a small jump, but if she does a coup droit, wait 1.5 secs then FA.

During awakening, block like I wrote, after her 50 sp skills punish with coup droit A - autocombo, this only if she has 50 sp (or is close to them), otherwise play like I said before.

For IK, asap.

Akihiko (4-10/10): start with FA, then use coup droit B from distance, you must release it at right time (you must learn it, usually is after he starts blink, except the blue one for which you must wait longer).

If he is close to you, use FA after the killrush or the crush: for the first use FA after around 0.500 sec from it, for the second do FA asap, because sometime he does killrush immediately after the crush so that you haven't the time to use other attacks.

During awakening, try to stay away so that you can block his lightinings if he has 50 sp, otherwise block his killrush, after that he'll use his potent fist.

For IK, may not work, try to burst, wait 0.300 sec (little less than for Teddie) & IK.

Aigis (7/10): Start with crouch block, if she combos you you must do stand block, crouch, then stands, by this way when she does that fire circle you can punish with coup droit A - autocombo sp (ofc after blocking that attack).

If she jumps away & uses her bullets (not minigun!) you can try to attack with coup droit B.

If she has 50 sp, in any case, block like I wrote before (by staying close to her) then after her 50 sp skill punish with autocombo (if she is awakening, she may use first the shield, then the spear, so be careful, in this case after this punish with coup droit A - autocombo).

If she uses the spear sp, then punish with coup droit A - autocombo.
For Ik, start the round like the first, when possible burst & stay away, use Ik when she should use missiles (instinct).

Yu (6/10): A EVASIVE ACTION is something that exists!

Use FA at beginning. Without the pause you can't stay to block all his attacks, so after an FA you must charge & use coup droit B asap, so that if Yu lands summoning his persona, punish when he lands, if he crashes run to him & punish (if you do coup droit B like I said he'll probably use the sword attack on the opposite position of where you are).

Attack with autocombo without counters (with sp), if he blocks then end autocombo (without sp), then FA (yours will win always against the one of Yu), then start to attack immediately after he recovers, & repeat the whole process.

If he is far & uses his Zio, avoid it with evasive action, then same when you have a medium distance from him, if he Zio, then you will avoid & have the time to punish, if he sweeps then turn back to him & attack.

If after the autocombo he goes awakening then rush immediately back, you must be very prepared if he attacks, usually I recommend to crouch block (probably he'll use sweep after the 2 stand attack, or use it immediately) if this happens, then he'll probably uses his 50 sp, then you can punish with coup droit A - autocombo.

By rushing back he may uses the laser which is good to let him waste his 50 sp.

Remember that without the pause you can't stay to block all his attacks, so use FA asap during his combos.

Shadow Labrys (2/10): very easy, spam autocombo with counters, if she goes awakening & has 50 sp, jump & block untill she reduces the sp meter.

Labrys (6/10): here use FA at beginning, then use autocombo with counters, like for shadow labrys.

Don't worry if she is in corner & goes in awakening, during her brutal stay close to her & as soon as the screen frezees (to tell you that brutal is releasing), tap quickly evasive action, will always work.

Elizabeth (8/10): at beginning jump while blocking, then aerial dash & FA, when she lands spam autocombo.

WARNING: during awakening do this: stay close to her while blocking, if she tries the coffin grab then do FA, if she heals use autocombo, if she does anything else do FA, by this way you'll keep breaking her persona so she won't heal & you can punish with autocombo.

Follow this strategy, before doing this I failed almost 10 times against liz.

For IK, stay at medium-close distance, so that it'll probably work because Liz will use Thanatos 5C/D.

So, now Aigis run!

Edited by VirtualNight