Can someone explain how they played this on PS4?

GUDGER666

Just bought the 4 game collection and they don't even have a cursor! They are unplayable, if i see a tile i want to select i have to keep randomly pressing the Dpad in hope i get the correct tile. I press right to select the tile right next to it and it goes up. Wtf this is ridiculous its unplayable

• Like 1

I played Mahjong Gold on PS4 a couple months back and I had exactly the same issue as you. I thought the exact same thing - unplayable. Getting 3 stars on levels was an absolute nightmare because you really needed speed to get the high score. Unless I missed something, I don't think there's any way around it either. It made for one very frustrating and unenjoyable experience, and what's worse is I had already bought the rest of them for PS4 before I realised how they play. I'm dreading doing those now.

Anyway I wish you good luck, and all I can really suggest is to not go too much out of your way to get 3 stars on most levels because hopefully there'll be some that'll come easier than others. Always try to get your multiplier up as best you can and then try to match gold tiles with other gold tiles for maximum points (I assume Royal Towers works the same as Mahjong Gold - played it on Vita ages ago but cannot remember the details!). Best of luck - it's a true test of patience :shakefist:

2 hours ago, A_Tennis_Giraffe said:

I played Mahjong Gold on PS4 a couple months back and I had exactly the same issue as you. I thought the exact same thing - unplayable. Getting 3 stars on levels was an absolute nightmare because you really needed speed to get the high score. Unless I missed something, I don't think there's any way around it either. It made for one very frustrating and unenjoyable experience, and what's worse is I had already bought the rest of them for PS4 before I realised how they play. I'm dreading doing those now.

Anyway I wish you good luck, and all I can really suggest is to not go too much out of your way to get 3 stars on most levels because hopefully there'll be some that'll come easier than others. Always try to get your multiplier up as best you can and then try to match gold tiles with other gold tiles for maximum points (I assume Royal Towers works the same as Mahjong Gold - played it on Vita ages ago but cannot remember the details!). Best of luck - it's a true test of patience :shakefist:

After a couple of hours playing I'm finding it much easier now, i spoke way too soon, its still a bit dodgy but the more you play it the easier it gets. Why they didn't put a cursor in though.i will never know, it would have been so much better. Also you can cheat, if you hold the PS it pauses the game and still shows all the tiles, if you then go to close application you can clearly see them all.