Ilzaki

Anyway to move games between Externals?

7 posts in this topic

I had a 1TB and filled it up.  Upgraded to a 4TB, but can only have one active at a time.  Was wondering if it's possible to move some games like FFXIV and Monster Hunter without having to redownload them.

I think your only option would be to move them to the PS4's internal HDD then move to the other external.

Yeah, you will need to move them back to the systems internal HDD, then swap the external drives to the one you want, and copy the games to the new HDD.

FFXIV+Monster Hunter; about 50GB. Probably faster to redownload. I hated moving games between hdd because it was so slow with PS4. Not to mention you couldn't do anything in the meantime its doing it.

But like others suggested, you can only move game to internal hdd then move back to external...so yeah you can see the time wasted.

Yeah, just did XIV.  Took like 12 minutes both ways.  I'm just going to re download MH.

I have used an excellent 4TB external HDD for a long time now, and I think I had to reinstall my games to the external HDD. This would make sense to me, as Sony would want to cut back on piracy.