Resurgence of the Han Dynasty

Hello everyone,

I am unsure what the requirements are to unlock this trophy. I have attempted two different ways and it has not unlocked

1. Capture the capital and do not support emperor, name myself emperor a little later and named my kingdom Han, finish the game, no trophy

2. Capture the capital and support the emperor, finish the game. At the very end it forced me to name my new kingdom, named it Han, no trophy.

My last guess is an event titled something like “support the emperor” which requires you to emphasize  with the current emperor, but throughout the remainder of the game (about 100 turns or a few years in game) the option never came up.

anyone got some advice?

• 3 months later...

A bit late but I think I can explain this. It's finish the game while "supporting" the emperor, and the player's "emphasizing" Han dynasty.

To support the emperor is to have emperor in your hand. Must play stages that still have Han emperor and must choose to support him after taking capital.

The other part is more tricky. You need to play as ruler who "emphasize" Han dynasty. There are selected fews who fit this, the one who sincerely wanna restore Han. You can check this from quest lists no.208/209. Rulers needed for this trophy fill the progress bar of Quest 208 (inheriting the throne) more than 209 (usurping) as it need one who emphasize Han. Prime candidate is Liu Bei (as trophy pic suggest) though there are some more like Ma Teng, Liu Yu, Ding Yuan, Sun Jian (his sons arent though). All rulers who start with emperor won't emphasize Han and I doubt there's a way to change this mid-game (gotta be hilarious if Dong Zhuo changed his heart mid-game XD).

These lead to quest 208. You can actually do this quest to "inherit the throne" and being emperor yourself (emperor will just step down by himself). Just stick with the name "Han" to make sure. I did this as Liu Bei and inherit the throne before beating the last force.

• Like 1