Foe's Ring Quest and no Foe's Ring?!

Altergigo

So... I just got the quest to kill Yuria from Mephistopheles and all I got was a stone of ephemeral eyes... I had to start a 2nd play through with new character just to get rings cause I screwed up on my main play through with the PWCT and PBCT and now she didn't reward the ring. It's worth noting on my first play through she gave me the ring. Anybody else have this happen and do you know why? This is very discouraging... I've spent way to much time on this sigh...

So... I just got the quest to kill Yuria from Mephistopheles and all I got was a stone of ephemeral eyes... I had to start a 2nd play through with new character just to get rings cause I screwed up on my main play through with the PWCT and PBCT and now she didn't reward the ring. It's worth noting on my first play through she gave me the ring. Anybody else have this happen and do you know why? This is very discouraging... I've spent way to much time on this sigh...

Dude, that sucks. I don't know what to tell you. You must have missed something somewhere. I don't believe that has been any reports of it glitching. I do know that I saved all the PBCT events for the very last on my plat run. You could probably get somebody to drop it for you. I have a buddy who is currently borrowing my game. If you want, I can ask him to drop it for you (he already has plat).

What SL are you?

• Like 1

Dude, that sucks. I don't know what to tell you. You must have missed something somewhere. I don't believe that has been any reports of it glitching. I do know that I saved all the PBCT events for the very last on my plat run. You could probably get somebody to drop it for you. I have a buddy who is currently borrowing my game. If you want, I can ask him to drop it for you (he already has plat).

What SL are you?

Thanks I really appreciate your offer. So here's what happened since I posted this 5 hours ago lol... On that play through I only had Old Monk left to kill and off I went with Maiden in Black for the finale. So I started NG+ and did sort of a speed run, not sure 5 hours would count as speed run but in Demon's Souls maybe haha... Anyways, I freed Freke, Urbain Yuria, Biorr, helped Ostrava in the first encounter then skipped him in 1-2, talked to Patches so he spawns in Nexus. Went into Latria only far enough to kill Yurt and trigger Mephistopheles. Warped back to Nexus started her chain, killed Urbain, Freke, Patches, Ostrava (which was still in 1-2 trapped by the guards since I skipped him initially, then she gave me Yuria and baam, she rewarded the ring.

In the process I think I figured out what happened. I have read that you only need Yuria alive to get the ring, I don't believe this is true because in her quest chain after the 3rd assassination, she compliments you differently with a new set of dialogue which I had noticed from my other character play through so I think that is the trigger for the Foe's Ring reward once you kill Yuria. You have to do a few assassinations first to trigger the ring reward. On my first walk through, I was doing PWCT > PBCT so I had to kill off all of the targets except for Yuria and that is not enough despite what I've read on the web. So, for anyone doing this, FYI!

Anyhow, hell I feel that was a real accomplishment on a Sunday night lmao...

• Like 1

Bravo! Well done. You gonna make Demon's your second plat? That would be pretty sweet. Anyways, good luck getting what you need left for unique weapons.

Thanks man! and ya, this will be #2 and planning on dedicating a few hours tonight and should warp up the plat unless I screw something else up haha...

• 3 months later...

Actually there's more to the story. There is a glitch - where if you stand too close to Mephistopheles during the last conversation, she will go aggressive, before giving out the ring. I was affected by it, and also had to do a speedrun on my NewGame+ just to get the stupid Foe's Ring. This time I made sure to back up my save right before to Playstation+, and turn/take a few steps away from Mephistopheles after clicking X to Talk.