Sleepy creek pipe jump skip

Angus1343

This is my last track to pass for the redlynx to the sword trophy of course, and for the life of me I cannot figure out a consistent way to clear the gap after coming out of the pipe for the first skip. Is this somewhat random based on the trajectory of your bike coming out of the pipe or am I missing something entirely? Every other skip was easy enough to figure out a consistent way pretty quickly, but for this I get the necessary distance maybe 5% of the time. Any advice would be much appreciated because it's starting to feel kind of pointless starting over waiting for a lucky run.

• Like 1

I can't really help you as I'm in the same boat. I must have started this track a few hundred times now and most runs were stopped at the first time-saver - which really sucks because once I get a good first time-saver, often I mess up later as I haven't had enough practice on later sections. The worst thing is that I watch some replays on the Roach or the Pit Viper and I feel they are quite slow, yet they make the time. I am only 0.1 sec off (got 44.9 yesterday) but I must have been very lucky as typically I finish in the 45 seconds range. 

• Like 2

I finally got it what a pain in the ass. The trick for me on the first jump was to lean back coming out of the pipe moreso than I had been which made just the slight amount of difference necessary. Once I was making that a little bit more consistent it didn't take very long because the time is far more lenient than seismic activity for example. Between that and the billboard obstacle this track is just terrible to speedrun imo.

@det_gittes you'll get it soon no doubt. 

1 hour ago, Angus1343 said:

you'll get it soon no doubt. 

Thanks! I hope I will have some luck tonight, though I still have two more tracks (but I haven't gone for them yet properly - the first one and Seismic Activity). I take it you're going for 100% - how far off are you in challenges?

54 minutes ago, det_gittes said:

Thanks! I hope I will have some luck tonight, though I still have two more tracks (but I haven't gone for them yet properly - the first one and Seismic Activity). I take it you're going for 100% - how far off are you in challenges?

I have the 3 hardest left. Top roach, pipe phobia and be one with the bike. I think I will work on top roach first, but I actually think doing the speedruns made me a bit worse at the game haha. 

9 minutes ago, Angus1343 said:

I have the 3 hardest left. Top roach, pipe phobia and be one with the bike. I think I will work on top roach first, but I actually think doing the speedruns made me a bit worse at the game haha. 

I don't suppose that you'll find the one with the bike very hard - you can fault as many times as you want so you'll slowly push forward and probably get it first try. Pipe phobia I haven't given much time yet but Top Roach I find quite frustrating - last night I was on a zero fault run before the last difficult jump (incline onto the vertical wall) and I screwed it up :D The worst thing is I got it once on a faultless run but then made the stupidest of mistakes.

Do you remember having trouble with Afterburner on Eco Park? Strangely, this is the challenge I'm worried about as I hate the afterburner.

20 minutes ago, det_gittes said:

Do you remember having trouble with Afterburner on Eco Park? Strangely, this is the challenge I'm worried about as I hate the afterburner.

I thought it would be a real pain but I actually got it really quickly after not getting very far in it on any prior attempts. I may have gotten a bit lucky but I had more trouble with the first afterburner challenge.

However the goal line technology challenge really got on my nerves. That was the worst by far for me of the gimmicky things.

On 10.04.2020 at 10:05 AM, Angus1343 said:

you'll get it soon no doubt. 

Yeah, I got the trophy last night - and the funniest thing is that I PB'ed Sleepy Creek by 0.5 on an atrocious run! I caught a bunch of edges with my back tire but my ending was better than on previous runs - I guess if I were to give tips for this track, I would say 'Practice the ending'. Seismic activity was actually great, with almost no physics-based obstacles I got a decent run after an hour or so (on the Rhino). My last track was Elysian Skies and I've got to say that I find it second hardest after Sleepy Creek - but for me it was all about getting a good jump on the obstacle right before the elevator. Once I cleared the edge and landed smoothly on the platform before the elevator, I got the run.

Back to base game challenges now :D

Update: Top Roach done. Jeez, such a relief.. my heart was pounding and of course I almost screwed up right before the finish line (because of nerves). I hope Pipe Phobia will not rob me of the dream to 100% this exceptional game.

Edited by det_gittes
  • Like 3

On 10.04.2020 at 1:29 PM, Angus1343 said:

However the goal line technology challenge really got on my nerves. That was the worst by far for me of the gimmicky things.

I agree, I tried it for a little bit and it's annoying as hell, though probably with patience it can be done fairly quickly.

By the way, big congrats on your low-key 100%! It's a bit too late but still a shame that Trials Fusion didn't get one of these SMB-like Bitching Threads where people would first collectively commiserate with each other's struggles and then brag about obtaining this much coveted silver trophy ???

Edit: I've just looked at your profile, @Angus1343, and it's only now that I've noticed you're a guy from the top of the leaderboards! Given how people from the top typically play tons of free plats to stay competitive, your 100% shows that Trials Fusion must have sucked you in pretty hard ? Your completion time is also insane, once again kudos!

Edited by det_gittes

1 hour ago, det_gittes said:

I agree, I tried it for a little bit and it's annoying as hell, though probably with patience it can be done fairly quickly.

By the way, big congrats on your low-key 100%! It's a bit too late but still a shame that Trials Fusion didn't get one of these SMB-like Bitching Threads where people would first collectively commiserate with each other's struggles and then brag about obtaining this much coveted silver trophy 1f61c.png1f61c.png1f61c.png

Edit: I've just looked at your profile, @Angus1343, and it's only now that I've noticed you're a guy from the top of the leaderboards! Given how people from the top typically play tons of free plats to stay competitive, your 100% shows that Trials Fusion must have sucked you in pretty hard 1f601.png Your completion time is also insane, once again kudos!

Thanks, I really appreciate it!

Top roach was truly stressful and by far the most difficult thing in the game.  After doing that, the few hours spent on pipe phobia felt like nothing and I actually found it really fun. Now that you've got it outta the way you'll have your 100% in no time. ?

• Like 1

On 18.04.2020 at 1:09 PM, Angus1343 said:

Now that you've got it outta the way you'll have your 100% in no time. 1f600.png

Thanks for encouragement, I finally cleared Pipe Phobia the other day and my last challenge was Afterburner, which you do get used to after a time, even though I still absolutely detest it - 100% has been achieved. What a ride ;) 

• Like 3