New game plus confidant questio

cloudleohart

I know confidant levels don't carry over but I messed up while using the guide and didn't have a fortune mask before I got that confidant. My question is do I have to have the mask of the corresponding confidant to max out the character or does that not play into it as much as social stats?

You don't necessarily need a matching persona to simply max out the confidant, but it does level it up faster (you get more points) and is vital in getting all confidants maxed out on a first playthrough. On Ng+ it won't matter since all social stats should be maxed out from your first playthrough and you can spend more time leveling up the confidant. 

The Fortune confidant as you mentioned is useful when you acquire the ability to raise affinity with anyone you want even if they aren't available that day and it doesn't waste any in game time either. 

Edited by Whitelightnin683
edit
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Whitelightnin683 said:

You don't necessarily need a matching persona to simply max out the confidant, but it does level it up faster (you get more points) and is vital in getting all confidants maxed out on a first playthrough. On Ng+ it won't matter since all social stats should be maxed out from your first playthrough and you can spend more time leveling up the confidant. 

The Fortune confidant as you mentioned is useful when you acquire the ability to raise affinity with anyone you want even if they aren't available that day and it doesn't waste any in game time either. 

Does it matter that I'm playing the vanilla version and not Royal

On 4/10/2020 at 7:24 PM, cloudleohart said:

I know confidant levels don't carry over but I messed up while using the guide and didn't have a fortune mask before I got that confidant. My question is do I have to have the mask of the corresponding confidant to max out the character or does that not play into it as much as social stats?

What confidant level are you on for Fortune? Because you'll still have time to make up for it. I think you have as much as a week or more. And like Whitelightning said, you can go to Chi Chi (that what I call her) to request luck/affinity reading to make up for loss points. Hopefully, you won't miss too much. But from your topic, I guess you're going for a 2nd playthrough? 

I'm still on my first, and I only messed up Death's max level. I didn't have time to make it up until November though. When you're missing a level, keep in mind that the confident might not be available at that specific time of day, which happened to me. If you have any other questions, you can PM. I'm still playing the game.