Item checklist

Hey, i usually follow psnprofiles or powerpyx guides when trying to 100% the game, but for some games it is hard to keep track of what you have done, and i used to create excel checklists.

But finally decided to make a checklist app for that purpose, because it can give more flexibility for grouping and sorting the items. Have too much time nowadays...

So i made this for FFVII, as well as for a couple of other games.

https://completion-list.github.io/check-list/#/ff7/quests

It is still in development, i need to improve filtering and presentation. But wanted to hear what you guys think.

It is easy to add new games now and update old ones, and i am planning to do it for games i play.

Currently it is not mobile friendly, too much to display, and there maybe other issues.

One more thing, i used some wordings from wiki and powerpyx site, tried to ask him for permission, but he didn't reply, but i tried to take as minimal info as i could.

Anyway, let me know what you think, maybe some suggestions on how to improve it, or if anyone wants to participate in developing or updating configs, welcome too.

The site is completely non profit, no ads, i hate ads.

Edited by Hartgroove
  • Like 2

Bravo ?

You did a great job and I think that this is really useful. I usually work on a Word document and erase things as I find them in the game, and this method of yours would save me time and effort. I am glad someone (you) took some time and skills to come up with this idea.

My two cents... Maybe you can add a "welcome" page where you explain how to use the site. Even though it is quite user-friendly, some people might have a hard time figuring out what to do and how to keep their progress if they close the window and continue later on. What do you think?

As regards filters, a reliable one based on trophies would be awesome. Just to know when to expect a trophy to pop, for example, or which items aren't trophy-related.

Thank you for sharing!

PS: you should share this somewhere else as well, since it involves multiple games, and has it the potential of including many more as well! That way, many more people could find out about it, not just the ones interested in FFVIIR ? Maybe in another sub-forum related to guides? IDK, just thinking out loud.

Edited by Gray-Fox-44

Just now, Gray-Fox-44 said:

My two cents... Maybe you can add a "welcome" page where you explain how to use the site. Even though it is quite user-friendly, some people might have a hard time figuring out what to do and how to keep their progress if they close the window and continue later on. What do you think?

I think i should especially with filter and dim completed buttons, but if you close the window you will not loose the state. I explained it in info page, it is stored in your browser, you can backup/restore state in case you want to transfer everything to another computer let's say or another browser.

2 minutes ago, Gray-Fox-44 said:

As regards filters, a reliable one based on trophies would be awesome. Just to know when to expect a trophy to pop, for example, or which items aren't trophy-related.

Yeah i was thinking about something like trophy guide checklist with progression, but i do not have that picture in my head yet, need a ux designer for that i think. 

3 minutes ago, Gray-Fox-44 said:

You did a great job and I think that this is really useful.

Thank you, glad you liked it, hope to make it more useful for more people.

10 minutes ago, Gray-Fox-44 said:

PS: you should share this somewhere else as well, since it involves multiple games, and has it the potential of including many more as well! That way, many more people could find out about it, not just the ones interested in FFVIIR 1f61c.png Maybe in another sub-forum related to guides? IDK, just thinking out loud.

Eventually i will maybe, when it is more polished, my main game for that app is warframe, and i am still struggling to fit and present all the data for warframe properly.

• Like 1