Best Place for Weapon Abilities?

I was using the coliseum, but I'm not sure if that is the best way to get it done, especially since, from what I can understand anyway, is that you have to also complete the chapter for your progress to count in chapter select afterwards.

Right now, using the chapter 14 coliseum since I have Barret and Tifa with me... and it works in a way.  But again, not sure if it's the best way to get it done or not.

And then there's the whole ordeal with Aerith and her weapon skills that I need to get done (and finding the missing weapons at that).

1 hour ago, Herbalistiikka said:

I've got almost all weapon skills unlocked and I just spammed the moves not caring about proficiency bonus in any fight (you can use first strike materia to get that ATB boost to instantly use them). So just go anywhere with fights and use the skills.

Yeah, I don't worry about the bonus stuff, just spam it until I get it done.  Just was wondering the best place is all, but it sounds like anywhere could work really.

I might keep doing my way, but I do need to go and find these weapons I've missed as well.

Just now, DrakeHellsing said:

Yeah, I don't worry about the bonus stuff, just spam it until I get it done.  Just was wondering the best place is all, but it sounds like anywhere could work really.

I might keep doing my way, but I do need to go and find these weapons I've missed as well.

Yeah just switch to a weapon you don't have the skill mastered in and go wherever. The ruined highway on the western side has several easy battles that you could go through until the chocobo station then come back to the entrance and repeat (though I don't know how the enemy respawn mechanics actually work in this game).

Just now, Herbalistiikka said:

Yeah just switch to a weapon you don't have the skill mastered in and go wherever. The ruined highway on the western side has several easy battles that you could go through until the chocobo station then come back to the entrance and repeat (though I don't know how the enemy respawn mechanics actually work in this game).

Enemies seem to respawn once you've gone far enough, at least that's what it seems like anyway.

So far I think the most annoying ones are Barret's close range weapons, just cause his attack is so different with those, and his movements are a bit slow as well.

50 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Enemies seem to respawn once you've gone far enough, at least that's what it seems like anyway.

So far I think the most annoying ones are Barret's close range weapons, just cause his attack is so different with those, and his movements are a bit slow as well.

Yes it definitely is annoying but thankfully haste on him helps quite a bit and it's all a matter of spamming. Hopefully they just drop his melee weapons from the next parts. They just don't work the way they did in the original, hah.