Two new Battlefield 3 maps shown off!

ille1234

Battlefield 3 holds the weight of the gaming world on its shoulders. With the unavoidable comparison to Call of Duty, all eyes are on DICE and EA create something awesome. Since June, we've seen little to no news of progress beyond several demos of Operation Metro, a touch of the campaign, and a glimpse of what it's like to fly jets. Additionally, the public beta birthed widespread concern over whether or not the game can live up to the hype. With just over two weeks until the game arrives on store shelves, this dearth of info served as a red flag -- until now. After tackling a combination of single player, co-op, and multiplayer in a fresh build of Battlefield 3, I must say I'm pleasantly surprised.

The gameplay of the "Grand Bazaar" map is on PS3 and i have to say that the graphics look greatly improved!

Kudos to DICE for being able to make it look that good on a 5 year old console :yay:

http://pc.ign.com/ar.../1198709p1.html

looks great cant wait now really gunna be an awesome game love what they have created of course there is gunna be haters but I like what I see.

good find by the way dude and thanks for sharing.

I couldn't agree more, we'll just have to wait and see if the game is buggy or not :P

The gameplay of the "Grand Bazaar" map is on PS3 and i have to say that the graphics look greatly improved!

Kudos to DICE for being able to make it look that good on a 5 year old console :yay:

Meh, I don't really see it. The buildings look drab and lacking detail, as does the backdrop. The tank looks relatively low poly. The lighting effects are nice, but those moments are too few and far between in that video. This really seems about as good (if not a bit worse actually) graphically as your run of the mill Call of Duty.

Developers are doing better than this on the PS3 all the time, I'm not too quick to give DICE kudos yet.

Meh, I don't really see it. The buildings look drab and lacking detail, as does the backdrop. The tank looks relatively low poly. The lighting effects are nice, but those moments are too few and far between in that video. This really seems about as good (if not a bit worse actually) graphically as your run of the mill Call of Duty.

Developers are doing better than this on the PS3 all the time, I'm not too quick to give DICE kudos yet.

Wait whut? Your suggesting that Call of Duty has better graphics than this or am i just misunderstanding that? :S

Yeah, kinda.

Like I said, the game graphically looks on par with most other high-budget FPS's, though I think maybe this one could have a little slack cut due to it being a bit larger scale. I'm sure the PC version will be a monster, the consoles are really not impressing me though.

Yeah, kinda.

Like I said, the game graphically looks on par with most other high-budget FPS's, though I think maybe this one could have a little slack cut due to it being a bit larger scale. I'm sure the PC version will be a monster, the consoles are really not impressing me though.

Wow dude, just wow. How dare you speak such words straight to my face.

On a serious note though, you might want to get your eyesight checked :P

Haha, nah, I'm good.

Maybe on a big HDTV it would look better, but that video makes it look like a very average game.

Yea, the video probably doesn't do it any justice but i still found that it least looks better than it did the beta, however it's still not as good as on pc and i didn't expect it to be either :P