Part 3 - can't open lockers as Akiyama?

Zanreo

So, I'm currently at part 3 (the Haruka and Akiyama part), and I read several places that it's fine if you pick up the locker keys you find as Haruka as long as you don't open them because when you get to switch between characters, the unused locker keys are shared and Akiyama can use them, so I just picked up whatever keys I found to have them for later in the chapter. However, I got to that point, and later went to the lockers as Akiyama but could only use the few keys I had picked up as him? ...Worth noting that I've gotten past the point where I can actually switch characters, though, at least I'm pretty sure (currently at the point in Part 3 Chapter 4 where Akiyama is about to go to Crest Bar, for whatever reason I didn't go to the lockers right away after being able to swap), is this option only available during the time you can freely swap? Or is there a part before Premium Adventure (like the finale) or later in this chapter where I can use these keys as Akiyama again? (...or, while I know not to open any lockers as Haruka, does even looking at the locker screen lock (heh) her keys to her? Because I think I might have done that, just to check if that's where the warning message I was told about would appear since it didn't when I picked up keys ?)

...And if not, is there, depending on what keys I picked up, anything I screwed myself out of (mainly completion rewards and making the process for getting them easier and quicker, I guess) that would be nice to have for Legend Premium New Game? While I can finish up everything for the other trophies in Premium Adventure, it would be good to know

Edited by Zanreo

Like mentioned I have gotten to the part where they met (and from what I can tell, past the part where I have the option to switch between them if that matters) but if I can use the keys as Akiyama again in the finale, that's good! Maybe you just have to be at a part in the game where you can actually freely switch between them (and since I'm past that part I'm stuck with only Akiyama's keys for now?)

And while I didn't open any lockers as Haruka, I'm now worried even viewing the locker screen (without opening anything and just going back) might mess it up somehow? I feel like it likely shouldn't, but...

Edited by Zanreo

• 1 year later...

For those still wondering:

- Picked as many keys as I could with Haruka (36 keys)

- Accessed the key lockers several times WITHOUT opening any of them (just to count how many keys I got)

- Akiyama chapter started

- Checked the lockers at the very beginning of the chapter (since the guide recommended opening them at this point)

- They were all locked

- Panicked

- Progresssd a liitle further in the story. To the point where I was allowed to switch between Haruka & Akiyama

- As Haruka, I travelled back to her apartment (where the destination marker is)

- Entered the hideout room and switched to Akiyama

- Travelled to the lockers, and could use all the keys I picked as Haruka

TLDR:

- if you picked up keys and accessed the key lockers as Haruka (WITHOUT opening them)

or

- if you accessed the lockers as Akiyama at the very beginning of chapter 3 and couldn't use the keys you picked as Haruka

Don't panic. You should just progress a bit further in the story and access them as soon as Akiyama and Haruka meet in the story.

• 10 months later...

To add to this, I had the same issue. I picked up some with Haruka early in Chapter 3 - then when you can freely swap I could open the lockers with Akiyama just fine. But then when I went past the point the OP mentions where you can no longer freely swap for the rest of the chapter, I couldn't. In particular I found one more locker key with Haruka in that segment but Akiyama then couldn't get the key from her to open that locker. I'm expecting to be able to use it in the Finale/later chapter where you can freely swap again and will confirm more at that point. But for now the only time when I've been able to use Akiyama to open keys picked up by Haruka in Chapter 3 is in the section with free character swap (roughly between when Akiyama and Haruka meet and when the forgery bit of the story starts).

Update: I could use the key picked up at the end of chapter 3 only in the final chapter in the Finale where you can freely swap again. Case closed!

Edited by bobthecrazydog