Salute Me trophy requirements

The_Slugkiller

Does anyone have any idea what the XP requirements are for this trophy?  I have Googled it, but the only answer I found was around 4 million combined XP. One player said he was at level 27 at 3.5 million XP.

I am currently level 21 and have a combined XP total of 4.9 million, so I am not sure if they altered the requirements in a patch or my stats are not counting properly.  At level 13 it needed 400,000 XP to move up a level, but then it went down to 150,000, and now it has increased again. At this rate level 31 could be around 8-10 million XP which sounds ludicrous.

The trophy guide suggests completing the campaign on Superhuman, and I have done this several times & I am now playing co-op split-screen.  I have noticed other players getting the trophy on their first playthrough, so that is obviously hacked as this trophy is likely to be one of the final ones before the (now unobtainable) platinum.

Edit: Level 31 is around 7.4 million combined XP. Once I had achieved the Lieutenant rank the trophy did not pop, so I went into an offline co-op game and it popped instantly.

In order to grind the XP I played the opening of the Chicago level with the Grims on Superhuman as this rewards a large amount of XP for very little time.

Edited by The_Slugkiller
More information
  • Like 3

• 4 months later...

Hey there everyone :)

I'm currently playing Resistance 2 only for the trophies "Specter Officer" and "Salute Me". I've earned most of the trophies a few years ago and didn't keep my save file. 

I'm not sure whether it's a mistake on my end (I guess so because I've tried to play the unpatched and the patched version of R2), but I wasn't able to keep the "Standing on a burning car with P2 and healing constantly with P1" - method running due to the fact that the car stops burning after a few minutes. 

Therefore I'm taking a slower but steady route. 

Player 1 plays as Spec Ops, Player 2 as Medic (any class for P2 should be fine). P1 throws ammo at P2 constantly and P2 uses alt fire all the time. This nets P1 30 XP per throw. 

In order to be able to let this process run by itself, I'm utilizing two turbo controllers (P1 auto-fire on circle, P2 auto-fire on R2). 

Having reached Level 30 with Spec Ops on the unpatched version, I realized that the overall XP counter stops counting. If you patch the game the overall XP counter keeps counting despite having reached level 30 so you should aim for these trophies on the patched version. 

Greetings from Germany! 

Edit: The only downside while playing the patched version is that you're only able to earn 99.999 points during one round of co-op instead of more than this amount on the unpatched version (I had more than 400k during one round). Therefore you'll have to set up a new round every 4.63 hours. 

Edit 2: Having accumulated close to 8 million xp in total, I reached rank 31 and earned the trophy during the round :)

Edited by Bizzy_Montana_
Added additional information
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...

It was a pain to reach the 6millions xp which are necessary to be lieutenant (rank 31). I have discover a great spot to boost XP on compaign but when I checked my stats, i was rank 31 but the trophy didn t pop...

If the trophy doesn't pop for you too, let's start an offline coop mission and kill 1 or 2 ennemies and it will pop this time. 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

I've started a replay of the campaign few days ago.
This was my first trophy game 10 years ago (sadly before I've created a PSN Acc, so all SP Trophys are missing timestamps..) and is my favourite FPS ever. So sad that the servers are down since 2014 and platinum can't be achived anymore (fck 10k Kills Trophy.. ?).

I was already lvl 28 cause I've played so much coop back in 2011.

So for me the fastest way to get lvl 31 for the trophy was to play the first Chicago mission against the wave of Grim's with the Splicer on superhuman.

After I think maybe 20 times playing to the last Grim in the alley and than kill myself with a burning car I was lvl 31 but no trophy came!
So I started a offline coop match with second controller and after getting the first xp points the trophy popped! ?

Hopefully this great franchise will have a comeback with a trilogy remaster and Resistance 4! So we need to push Sony and insomniac for that! ?❤️

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I know this is old but I enjoyed the coop so much that I only needed to complete hard playthrough and I ended up being level 32. So knowing that I feel silly I didn’t do it back then. Better late than never. No plat but hey 

• Like 3