Lowering Difficult Level After Endgame

Hey guys,

I am going for the platinum and my plan is to finish the main quests on nightmare and then lower the difficult level and go after the dragons and other trophies. Would that work? Do I have to keep it in Nightmare to get the DLC trophies as well?

Thanks!

Yes you can do that since you only need to complete the campaign on Nightmare. The DLC doesn't really have an difficulty related trophies so Nightmare isn't required for them.

However,

They're miss-able trophies in the DLC that are in the main game that are gameplay modifiers, and turning them on will make nightmare even harder to the point it is unfair. It's possible to get 100% in one playthrough but they're too many variables that will force you to do a second playthrough if you just breeze through just the campaign such as recruiting all allies and agents. I would suggest that you first complete the game and the DLC's on normal while going for all trophies. Then do new game plus on Nightmare and breeze through it.

Edited by BestUsername----
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...

It's possible to use strategic save games to prevent yourself from doing two entire playthroughs, this game is long enough already.

- Start your first playthrough on Nightmare, it's actually not that bad. Doing all the side content will keep you at the right level, and once you unlock specializations there are a lot of builds that make combat trivially easy. Don't kill the Emprise du Leon or Hinterlands dragons yet.

- Make a manual save before you close the rift outside Redcliffe (or, to be extra safe, right after you talk to Fiona in Val Royeaux).

- Make a manual save before you enter Emprise du Leon for the first time.

- Once you've done the main story missions, drop the difficulty, and slay the dragons/bears/enemies you need for the various Trespasser trophies.

- Load your pre-Redcliffe save and drop the difficulty, and turn on the Travel Light trial. Complete In Hushed Whispers to get the Trial of the Magician trophy.

- Load your pre-Emprise save and drop the difficulty, and turn on the Rest Easy trial. Claim the keep to get the Trial of Temperance trophy.

The only DLC trophies you actually need a new game for are Trial of the Fool and Trial of the Lovers, and for those you only need to play up to Skyhold/Halamshiral respectively. You may want to do those separately, though, as keeping your party approval up may require sidequests and XP that you can't afford.

• Like 3