Somewhat interesting indie turn-based tactical game

Went to the web version of the PlayStation store and saw this in the new releases. Probably paid a little too much for it now that I've played it a little. I like the art and design though, and I think the OST is nice. I have encountered a few bugs/glitches in my ~6 hours of ownership, mostly to do with ending a turn or action in combat and the game just doesn't progress, forcing me to close the application and restart (thankfully it just restarts from right before initiating combat), and another I encountered was a pathfinding issue when starting combat (when you enter combat your characters enter pre-determined areas on the grid) where the lead character got stuck on some terrain for about 30 seconds, though this one eventually self-resolved.

I'm not too far in to really get a good feel for how the mechanics work to make the game better or worse. There's a freezing mechanic that pressures you to resolve combat in as few turns as possible before too much HP is frozen. The skill tree is somewhat lacklustre and you don't get too much choice, but you do have to pick and choose what skills you want to take, as it has the mechanic of "only 1 skill in this tier may be active" and then whatever you have active will allow you to activate certain skills in lower tiers.

Some of the dialogue is also pretty B grade, but honestly it's fine. I don't think it's worth full asking price on the PS store, but I wouldn't say the correct price is that much lower. It's just another tactical turn-based shooter that I don't really think brings anything new to the table.

Edit: I also hope they change the PSN Profiles trophy images for the game as they actually have unique badges for each trophy, which is nice compared to some games I'm intermittently playing at the moment *cough* NFS Heat *cough*...

Edited by SystmOveRide
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, SystmOveRide said:

Went to the web version of the PlayStation store and saw this in the new releases. Probably paid a little too much for it now that I've played it a little. I like the art and design though, and I think the OST is nice. I have encountered a few bugs/glitches in my ~6 hours of ownership, mostly to do with ending a turn or action in combat and the game just doesn't progress, forcing me to close the application and restart (thankfully it just restarts from right before initiating combat), and another I encountered was a pathfinding issue when starting combat (when you enter combat your characters enter pre-determined areas on the grid) where the lead character got stuck on some terrain for about 30 seconds, though this one eventually self-resolved.

I'm not too far in to really get a good feel for how the mechanics work to make the game better or worse. There's a freezing mechanic that pressures you to resolve combat in as few turns as possible before too much HP is frozen. The skill tree is somewhat lacklustre and you don't get too much choice, but you do have to pick and choose what skills you want to take, as it has the mechanic of "only 1 skill in this tier may be active" and then whatever you have active will allow you to activate certain skills in lower tiers.

Some of the dialogue is also pretty B grade, but honestly it's fine. I don't think it's worth full asking price on the PS store, but I wouldn't say the correct price is that much lower. It's just another tactical turn-based shooter that I don't really think brings anything new to the table.

Edit: I also hope they change the PSN Profiles trophy images for the game as they actually have unique badges for each trophy, which is nice compared to some games I'm intermittently playing at the moment *cough* NFS Heat *cough*...

Thanks for giving us some information on this title.  I was interested when I saw the trophy list awhile back.  Trophy wise does it all seem pretty manageable?   39.99  is for sure too much but possibly i will pick it at  discount i'm guessing from ownership soon.

41 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

Trophy wise does it all seem pretty manageable?

It does seem very manageable. The only ones that I can't really comment on are the trophies that pop due to hitting one of three endings, but I'm assuming the choices that lead to those specific endings will become apparent at a later point in the game. Otherwise it's all just getting a specific amount of kills or using skills a certain way, which I've found to be pretty easy :) 

Hello everyone, I just finished the game.

For the collectibles I miss one so I don't know if I have to start the game again or not

At the end of the game you have 2 choices after I don't know how to make the 3 ends, I will try to reload my save

I also have a bug to move my character I have to restart the game :(

• 2 weeks later...
I got my video censored by RECOTECHNOLOGY SL to show a bug

Hello Vegetorus,
Following the receipt of a removal request to achieve copyright, we had to remove your video from YouTube:

Video title: 1971 Helios project bug confirms decision
Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bbtdnz-ryHI
Request for withdrawal made by: RECOTECHNOLOGY SL

As a result, your video can no longer be viewed on YouTube.

You have received a warning to access copyright

You have received 1 warning to infringe on copyright. If you have more than one, we will need to deactivate your account. To avoid this, do not upload videos with copyrighted material that you have not authorized to use.

14 hours ago, Mr Frog said:

I got my video censored by RECOTECHNOLOGY SL to show a bug

Hello Vegetorus,
Following the receipt of a removal request to achieve copyright, we had to remove your video from YouTube:

Video title: 1971 Helios project bug confirms decision
Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bbtdnz-ryHI
Request for withdrawal made by: RECOTECHNOLOGY SL

As a result, your video can no longer be viewed on YouTube.

You have received a warning to access copyright

You have received 1 warning to infringe on copyright. If you have more than one, we will need to deactivate your account. To avoid this, do not upload videos with copyrighted material that you have not authorized to use.

I believe they put this game on the store by accident.  It wan't due out for a while yet from what I understand.  I Saw it on the store myself but then I couldn't find it.