New Light Trophy Guide - 2020

thekingsman123

All the Destiny 2 trophy guides currently available are pre-New Light and therefore quite outdated. I've written a quick guide below if you're late to the party like me and want to finally experience the world of Destiny.

Destiny 2: Beyond Light will be released on September 22nd, 2020. The Leviathan Raids will be vaulted indefinitely so I'd try and get 'The Prestige' trophy wrapped up before then. Apart from this prestige raid, the platinum itself is pretty easy.

New Light Guide

• Install the Destiny Companion app on your phone. This will be your best friend (don't even bother with any Destiny subreddits/playstationtrophies.com/PSNProfiles) when it comes to getting the Leviathan Raid trophies. Once in the app, go to Fireteams, set it to raids only and either search for an appropriate fireteam or create your own. Make sure you have a mic and that your PS4 privacy settings allow messages from anyone otherwise no one will play with you.
  • Install the Ishtar Commander app. This inventory management app is honestly a huge timesaver and any in-app changes made to your weapon or armour configuration will immediately take effect in game.
  • This guide does not include any trophy help for Shadowkeep. It's only for New Light base game.

Long and Winding Road - You will get this shortly after you start a new character. Just play the game :)

Zavala's Lieutenant, Cayde's Pathfinder, Ikora's Protege - Unlike the previous trophy requirements, you'll get your class-specific trophy soon after you start with your new character and complete the tutorial section (Cosmodrome). You can then create 2 other characters with different classes and immediately get the other two trophies as soon as you progress past the character creation screen in to the Cosmodrome.

Show Me What You Got - Complete Lord Shaxx's quest Introduction: Crucible. Basically, talk to Shaxx, play a round in Crucible of any match type and then return to him to unlock. Very easy trophy, almost unmissable.

In A Flash - Flashpoints are a weekly challenge that build up to 100% and are assigned to only one of 4 planets (Earth, Titan, Nessus, Io) every week. You need to be at least power level 1000 before they unlock. Then you'll see the weekly flashpoint once you click on the right planet and hover over that planet's NPC icon. Simply go to the planet the flashpoint is on and just do activities such as public events or heroic adventures on that planet only to increase your percentage to 100%. Easy. These flashpoints also contribute to the The People's Hero and Challenge Accepted trophies below.

The People's Hero - Another easy trophy. Heroic public events are pretty much public events where your team have fulfilled hidden conditions to turn the public event in to a heroic public event (https://www.shacknews.com/article/101337/destiny-2-how-to-trigger-all-heroic-public-events). You'll inevitably get this trophy if you just keep playing public events with other people.

Hearts of Darkness - In your Director's Destinations tab, go to Vanguard at bottom center and then choose the Nightfall: The Ordeal. Set it to any appropriate difficulty level and then complete it to get the trophy.

The Life Exotic - Exotic weapons and armour are rare, random spawns from any of the activities you do in Destiny. There are also specific questlines for many exotic weapons but apart from a few like the Mida Multi Tool, they take lots of time, lots of grinding and/or a fireteam to get. However if you're patient, you can guarantee yourself this trophy in 3 weeks by visiting Xur (www.whereisxur.com) weekly, an Agent of the Nine that randomly spawns somewhere new each week and sells an exotic weapon, 3 exotic pieces of armor for each class and an exotic engram. Simply buy his weapon first before the engram so you don't double up and then all armour pieces. That's 5 exotic weapons/armour each week (excluding potential doubles) for 3 weeks and then the trophy will unlock. You can of course just the play the game (specifically certain activities such as raids or Nightfalls) to increase your chances of getting exotic gear but drop rates are very low.

Challenge Accepted - This trophy will take the longest to get but it's not too bad. Weekly challenges are activities that have a golden circle next to them. You need to be at least power level 1000 to unlock the challenges and then fulfil the criteria (ie. complete 8 bounties for someone, play 3 strikes/ordeals,etc) to complete them. Keep in mind that NPCs such as Lord Shaxx or Zavala won't unlock their individual challenge until you progress in their quest lines and unlock their bounties. On average, there are around 8-10 challenges you can do each week by yourself without needing a fireteam. However, you can get this trophy within one week by also completing challenges with your alternative characters as the challenges themselves are cumulative. This way, you'll get to 30 in no time without having to wait until the next week for everything to reset. Reportedly, it's possible to actually delete an alt character and then simply create a new one to complete even more challenges towards the 30 required.

(The game also currently doesn't track your total challenges completed so keep count yourself.)

Belly of the Beast - Use the Destiny Companion app to find a fireteam for the Leviathan Raid. This trophy only requires completion of the raid on normal. Both The Prestige trophy below and this one stack so it is possible to just play this raid once on prestige to get both. However, whether you can do this will depend on how patient your fireteam is and how quickly you can learn to do each section of the raid. If your team mates are pros with a high level of clears and they don't mind teaching newbies, you're set. If not, I'd recommend you just focus on clearing Leviathan first on normal before attempting prestige. Like I said before, it all depends on who you're playing with.

The Prestige - This trophy is your main obstacle before getting your platinum. There are differences between Leviathan normal and prestige which I cover briefly below. As before, use the app to find a fireteam. If you are lucky, you may even get added to a raid checkpoint before the final raid boss (Calus, in this case) and only have to defeat him to clear the raid. If not, see here (https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-01-30-destiny-2-leviathan-raid-guide-walkthrough-4747?page=8) and read below for a brief summary of what you need to know for prestige:

• Outside the palace - Your team mates will likely know the way (lever code). Just follow them through the Underbelly of the palace. No one should be bothering with the castellum at this rate.
  • Royal Pools - Pretty similar to normal. Just kill the bathers before they dump a pool on your platform and coordinate as normal with teammates
  • Pleasure Gardens - Similar to normal as well except for 2 extra dogs and different routes.
  • Gauntlet - YOU MUST KNOW HOW TO BE A RUNNER AND SHOOTER. Unlike normal, you have to do both. Watch videos to prepare and make sure you shoot any of those extra psions who will wipe your team if they explode.
  • Calus - The final boss. If you were lucky like me, you can just stay in the throne room and only have to be AD carry (shoot enemies) while your other 5 teammates do all the work. Otherwise, you'll need to practice the void room with an appropriate weapon (auto rifle, etc) and learn when to punch those psions at just the right time in the throne room.

Lest Ye Be Judged - Go find Xur! Say hi for the first time and that's it.

And once you've completed all of the above, Traveller's Chosen will then be yours!

Edited by thekingsman123
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 20/05/2020 at 7:54 AM, thekingsman123 said:

the Mida Multi Tool, they take lots of time, lots of grinding and/or a fireteam to get. However if you're patient, you can guarantee yourself this trophy in 3 weeks by visiting Xur (www.whereisxur.com) weekly, an Agent of the Nine that randomly spawns somewhere new each week and sells an exotic weapon, 3 exotic pieces of armor for each class and an exotic engram. Simply buy his weapon first before the engram so you don't double up and then all armour pieces. That's 5 exotic weapons/armour each week (excluding potential doubles) for 3 weeks and then the trophy will unlock. You can of course just the play the game (specifically certain activities such as raids or Nightfalls) to increase your chances of getting exotic gear but drop rates are very low.

Whoops. Didn't mean to do that... Just wanted to say that in Season of Arrivals, power level for challenges/flashpoints appears to be 1000. But other than that, good guide and thank you :)

I've updated the guide slighly to account for Beyond Light.

Past Sep 22nd 2020, this guide will also become outdated.

On 24/06/2020 at 11:30 AM, spangleii said:

Whoops. Didn't mean to do that... Just wanted to say that in Season of Arrivals, power level for challenges/flashpoints appears to be 1000. But other than that, good guide and thank you :)

Thanks, I've edited this guide.

Anyway, I'm done playing this game so I won't be making any more changes once Beyond Light releases.

Edited by thekingsman123

Hey for the unlock class trophies does it have to be a straight up new character? I reinstalled D2 this week and after I had my characters imported (as I used my Hunter previously from D1 to play through Year 1 stuff in D2 previously) I still haven't got the trophy for all sub classes unlocked on my warlock or titan even though beating cosmodrone

Nope, I unlocked it simply by equipping the (now unlocked) subclasses on my hunter. I think I may have had to do the level 4 way of the 'whatever' on each path as well but if you have a character from Y1, there is no need to create a new character. Trophies for new characters not made during D1 should unlock automatically. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, spangleii said:

Nope, I unlocked it simply by equipping the (now unlocked) subclasses on my hunter. I think I may have had to do the level 4 way of the 'whatever' on each path as well but if you have a character from Y1, there is no need to create a new character. Trophies for new characters not made during D1 should unlock automatically. 

Thanks switching classes worked just now after I reloaded my game