Platinum Trophy Review

TheDblTap

Finally platted this today, it's been on my to-plat list for a loooong time, so I'm glad to have finally done it.

All in all, it is a really fun game, somewhat addictive in places, it's just a shame that it performs so badly, even on my Pro.

Check out my full review if you're interested in knowing more about the game and what it's like to plat: https://platget.com/thedbltap-games/slime-rancher-platinum-trophy-review/

Thanks for stopping and checking it out either way, have a good week!

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/26/2020 at 10:54 AM, TheDblTap said:

it's just a shame that it performs so badly, even on my Pro.

Ran it on an original PS4. It survived and never crashed so I'll consider it a Mission Accomplished! This game is really good proper fun with how colorful it is. I think it's impossible for them to have made a game that didn't lag given how many moving parts there are (all the slimes, all the food, all the plorts). I'd heard good things but I'm really glad it lived up to the hype. Games like this and Subnautica that are less polished (laggy, buggy) but offer a very different experience from a lot of other games are absolute joys if you can power through the performance issues. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, realm722 said:

Ran it on an original PS4. It survived and never crashed so I'll consider it a Mission Accomplished! This game is really good proper fun with how colorful it is. I think it's impossible for them to have made a game that didn't lag given how many moving parts there are (all the slimes, all the food, all the plorts). I'd heard good things but I'm really glad it lived up to the hype. Games like this and Subnautica that are less polished (laggy, buggy) but offer a very different experience from a lot of other games are absolute joys if you can power through the performance issues. 

I think its main issue was just that it refused to unload anything it loaded. So if I loaded the game up and then visited every part of the map, the game would still keep track of all of those slimes which spawned and that's why the performance takes a hit.

Regardless, the game was a whole lot of fun and I'm glad I stuck with it to the end!

• Like 2