Bf3 on console will have great graphics, and here's why!

ille1234

Both console versions of the game, the PS3 and the Xbox 360 will have an optional installation of high resolutiong textures. There is no word on how big this installation might be only that it will exist. The installation will be on the same disc for the PS3 version, however on the Xbox 360 version it will be on the multiplayer disc.

logo-bf3.png

I don't know if this will make a huge difference in the game but i'm guessing it will be quite noticable since they actually needed a separate installation in order for this to work.

IGN reached out to EA for a statement or confirmation on this additional feature, and they responded:

"Battlefield 3 for Xbox 360 ships on two disks with endless hours of spectacular high-definition gameplay; disk one features the stunning multiplayer, co-op levels and HD installation content, and disk two features the superb single-player campaign."

Additionally, we asked EA whether or not the game would offer the same feature for PS3 owners, and fortunately this seems to be the case. "The PS3 version requires the same install but it's all on the one blu-ray disk," a spokesperson for the company confirmed.

So, it appears that the game will offer support for HD installations across both platforms, resulting in better looking graphics in exchange for some HDD real estate.

I'm hoping that this isn't to big of an installation since i'm still rocking the original 60gb version of my PS3 and it's getting rather cramped :P

Source: http://xbox360.ign.c.../1198976p1.html

I will probally play with and without the graphics upgrade and see if there is a noticeable diffence which I'm thinking there will be.

Also that was the BETA guys that is not a representation of the final product so you have to wait for the release to see what it's really like.

I will probally play with and without the graphics upgrade and see if there is a noticeable diffence which I'm thinking there will be.

Also that was the BETA guys that is not a representation of the final product so you have to wait for the release to see what it's really like.

I think the reason as to why they're concerned is because the beta on console was about as buggy as the alpha on PC :P

Why can only cross our fingers and hope that DICE have been working around the clock in order to fix every issue possible. I'm sure they've done their best though :)

I think the reason as to why they're concerned is because the beta on console was about as buggy as the alpha on PC :P

Why can only cross our fingers and hope that DICE have been working around the clock in order to fix every issue possible. I'm sure they've done their best though :)

Nah, people are concerned because the "not a representation of the final product" was given to us mere weeks from the final product.

Nah, people are concerned because the "not a representation of the final product" was given to us mere weeks from the final product.

Yes and the said "not representative of the final version" version was very buggy. If it had been stable and playable people probably wouldn't have been as worried ;)