Rare and level weapon rant...

Z28sRock

First of all, I love the game.  However, the weapon level and rarity system is getting to me.  I can never decides and choose between a weapon with high damage vs. low accuracy vs. elemental damage, etc. - but I know that is a core part of the game to make it my playing style.

What's getting me is stuff like this: just spent a key on the chest and got a (purple) level 43 rifle that has 2729 damage. But in my inventory, I have a green level 36 rifle with (higher) 3143 damage. What gives?  I am even using the +5% loot relic and have only gotten 5 orange items the whole game (currently TVH level 43).

This one was a major let down: On the first DLC, I beat the end boss and got to the vault.  There was 1 purple item and 5 blues - with nothing better than what I had!!!

I would like good loot and I don't think the point of the game is to grind and use exploits to get them. I'm assuming it's not since they have patched out most of the exploits...

It's all by chance, I think orange weapons and gear have a .5% drop rate so even with your relic they'll be rare. But that's the fun of Borderlands games, running around and looking for loot. Oh and the new Vault Hunter 2 DLC adds pearlescent gear, so now you'll have to look for even rarer loot.

If you really want to grind for orange though, go look for Goliaths, let them level up to Godliath and then kill them. You can also let Varkids level up to the highest level they can be before killing them ( it'll be called Supreme Badass Varkid at the highest level)

If you want better loot - the best way to do that is to grab 3 friends, or get into a full party. Because more players = stronger enemies = better loot, as the game says.

It's also advised you farm high level bosses, like Terramorphous, and Vermivorous to get the best chance for a legendary weapon.

And the Golden Treasure Chest in Sanctuary does not give out anything better, or lower than a purple weapon. It may give out blue relics and the such, but never weapons. Or at least, from the luck I had playing it, it never gave me anything below purple.

Edited by FriedRyce