They see me baggin', they hatin' beneficial glitch

Otonio_Bruno

Yesterday while in Payday 2 coop session, me and my team were going for the trophies :silver: Caribbean Pirate and :bronze: Short Fuse, which are done in Rats job Day 3. Whilst cooking the meth on day 1, I decided to test a glitch/trick I've seen in youtube video. The glitch itself will be explained below, but what is important about this glitch is that it doubles your bag counts each time you throw a bag in the escape van. For the Caribbean Pirate trophy I need 4 bags of meth anyway to get the trophy on day 2 of the job, but I decided to perform the glitch while depositing the meth bags inside the van and it surprisingly worked. One of the throws I messed up so I had to make an extra 5th bag so I would get at least 8 bags for the garage escape. After making the 5th bag I just exploded the lab for higher chance of spawning a escape and then prayed that was the garage escape, leaving day 1 with "9" bags of meth. RNG answered my prayer and we got the garage escape on day 1...but only 5 bags of meth spawned at the beginning of the escape, near the crashed van. Still wasn't ready to give up yet and when putting the bags on the newest escape van in garage, I performed the same glitch, got 9 bags again and voilá, trophy popped on results screen of the escape.

Too long, didn't read: Cook 4 or 5 meths bags in day 1 of Rats, blow up the lab, get all meth bags inside the van. If garage escape, perform glitch. If not, continue to day 2, trade meth for info/money, steal meth back and put both meth and money back on escape van, pray again for garage escape.

Video explaining the glitch/trick:

Useful notes:

- Day 1 and Day 2 of Rats both have the opportunity to spawn the garage escape. If garage escape is gotten in Day 1, Overpass will be on Day 2 and vice-versa.

- Day 1 after blowing up the lab has 70% of spawning a escape. Day 2 has 25% of spawning a escape provided you do it loud. Both days can have increased escape spawn chances if players leave during an assault, if one or more players are in custody while leaving and killing civilians add 5% each.

- The whole setup can be done with 2 players, but 4 is ideal.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
On 12.7.2020 at 9:06 PM, Otonio_Bruno said:

Yesterday while in Payday 2 coop session, me and my team were going for the trophies :silver: Caribbean Pirate and :bronze: Short Fuse, which are done in Rats job Day 3. Whilst cooking the meth on day 1, I decided to test a glitch/trick I've seen in youtube video. The glitch itself will be explained below, but what is important about this glitch is that it doubles your bag counts each time you throw a bag in the escape van. For the Caribbean Pirate trophy I need 4 bags of meth anyway to get the trophy on day 2 of the job, but I decided to perform the glitch while depositing the meth bags inside the van and it surprisingly worked. One of the throws I messed up so I had to make an extra 5th bag so I would get at least 8 bags for the garage escape. After making the 5th bag I just exploded the lab for higher chance of spawning a escape and then prayed that was the garage escape, leaving day 1 with "9" bags of meth. RNG answered my prayer and we got the garage escape on day 1...but only 5 bags of meth spawned at the beginning of the escape, near the crashed van. Still wasn't ready to give up yet and when putting the bags on the newest escape van in garage, I performed the same glitch, got 9 bags again and voilá, trophy popped on results screen of the escape.

Too long, didn't read: Cook 4 or 5 meths bags in day 1 of Rats, blow up the lab, get all meth bags inside the van. If garage escape, perform glitch. If not, continue to day 2, trade meth for info/money, steal meth back and put both meth and money back on escape van, pray again for garage escape.

Video explaining the glitch/trick:

Useful notes:

- Day 1 and Day 2 of Rats both have the opportunity to spawn the garage escape. If garage escape is gotten in Day 1, Overpass will be on Day 2 and vice-versa.

- Day 1 after blowing up the lab has 70% of spawning a escape. Day 2 has 25% of spawning a escape provided you do it loud. Both days can have increased escape spawn chances if players leave during an assault, if one or more players are in custody while leaving and killing civilians add 5% each.

- The whole setup can be done with 2 players, but 4 is ideal.

Hi

I also used that glitch when going for the trophy last year and it worked out great. If you have the skill that lets you throw further you can actually use this method to do it solo. Atleast i managed to do it.

Good luck to everyone in the future going for payday 2 on ps3 its quite a feat!

Edited by pikaopas
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...

I can confirm that this still works on the latest patch of the disk version (BLES01902)

I originally tried this bag duplication glitch on other heists but I couldn't get it to work for some reason. So I ended up playing the game in its base form, without any of the payday patches installed and still couldn't get it to work.

So I end up going for this trophy and get lucky enough to get the garage escape after the 1st day on my 1st attempt. Unfortunately when I got the garage escape I only had 5 bags as I wasn't expecting to get the garage escape after the 1st day. Anyways, knowing this I just decided to give the duplication glitch a try and me being almost certain it wouldn't work was very surprised when it did. I turned 5 bags into 10 and the trophy popped as soon as the mission ended.

TLDR: The bag duplication method still work

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 15.6.2022 at 1:04 PM, InfamousDooMZ said:

I can confirm that this still works on the latest patch of the disk version (BLES01902)

I originally tried this bag duplication glitch on other heists but I couldn't get it to work for some reason. So I ended up playing the game in its base form, without any of the payday patches installed and still couldn't get it to work.

So I end up going for this trophy and get lucky enough to get the garage escape after the 1st day on my 1st attempt. Unfortunately when I got the garage escape I only had 5 bags as I wasn't expecting to get the garage escape after the 1st day. Anyways, knowing this I just decided to give the duplication glitch a try and me being almost certain it wouldn't work was very surprised when it did. I turned 5 bags into 10 and the trophy popped as soon as the mission ended.

TLDR: The bag duplication method still work

Hey, you raise a good point here. I posted about this glitch a few years back on some discord servers and I also did some testing on my own. The glitch actually only works on some van types. Hence some missions/escapes does not have the correct van to do the glitch. Luckily garage escape has the correct van to do the glitch. Dont remember what vans that is required for the glitch, but the glitch is mostly usefull for garage escape anyways.