[OUTDATED] Is the game “back” for good?

EqualityEarth

This game was delisted from the store February 21, 2018 (according to the FaceBook page). Now on Reddit someone reported it is available on PS Now. I checked, and sure enough it’s there. I’m not a PS Now user (I prefer download licenses and discs) but I’m aware there is a rotation schedule for these games, such that they cannot be played anymore thereafter without a store purchase (impossible with this game). Is there a way to discern the likelihood that this game will disappear from the list within the year? Some of us are weird and want to play/100% games in alphabetical order (backlog strategy) and wouldn’t ya know it I’m back to A now ?‍♂️. It seemed that only a small number of AAA games have suffered removal from PS Now (but can still purchased), but at this point One Upon Light is (due to the nature of PS Now) is basically an “online-only” game with (technically) “online trophies.”

Note: For those wondering, the PS Now streaming service for PS4 was supplanted by a new tiered PS Plus subscription rolled out in the PS5 era with a new catalog.

Edited by EqualityEarth
Outdated

If you want to play the game, then just get your 7-day free trial and play the game :dunno:

Games are removed and added to Playstation Now with no warning. One Upon Light seems to have been on now for at least a year because I have it on my list when I last had Playstation Now, so it's probably not going anywhere, but who knows.

It's strange that the devs pulled the game and now Playstation is streaming it. Either Playstation has a license to stream games or it was a mistake. If it was a mistake, Playstation could pull it even sooner if they or the devs realize it. 

• Like 1

• 2 years later...