VR Tag Missing

den-69

• 5 months later...
18 hours ago, den-69 said:

If someone was looking for cool VR games to play on here this wouldn't even show up as one lol

That is exactly what I said! I look through the games list, sort by VR and look for games I like, and then check out their trophies. However @Beyondthegrave07 we miss out on ALOT of games, as ones that start out as VR only and later made VR optional have the VR tag removed completely. Very misleading for users here.

@Beyondthegrave07, is there really no way we can just leave the VR tag on games like this, or create a "VR opt" tag which will bring up VR games still? Because when we sort through games that are just tagged "PS4" we have ZERO indication that it is a VR title as well. This also affects the VR trophy leaderboards here. 

I personally would've missed many games due to this, like "The Persistence" (https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/7921-the-persistence) which began as a VR only title, and was properly tagged VR! Then a year later when VR was optional, the tag was removed. 

Side-note: If this game were tagged VR, it would be on my backlog! Looks great.

Edited by MikeCheck--
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, MikeCheck-- said:

That is exactly what I said! I look through the games list, sort by VR and look for games I like, and then check out their trophies. However @Beyondthegrave07 doesn't agree with me, and so we miss out on ALOT of games, as ones that start out as VR only and later made VR optional have the VR tag removed completely. Very misleading for users here.

@Beyondthegrave07, is there really no way we can just leave the VR tag on games like this, or create a "VR opt" tag which will bring up VR games still? Because when we sort through games that are just tagged "PS4" we have ZERO indication that it is a VR title as well. This also affects the VR trophy leaderboards here. 

I personally would've missed many games due to this, like "The Persistence" (https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/7921-the-persistence) which began as a VR only title, and was properly tagged VR! Then a year later when VR was optional, the tag was removed. 

Side-note: If this game were tagged VR, it would be on my backlog! Looks great.

It's not that I don't agree with you. As a VR owner myself, I think RE7 is the best experience I've ever had and it's not labeled as a VR game or has any indication of it which I think is a real shame. However, if I do label something as VR, and it's optional, people who don't have VR may never play it and steer clear of the game and be in a similar situation or complain about the same thing but from the other perspective.

I'm very much aware that it affects the VR leaderboards, but I don't make the rules for these things. I only follow the stepping stones left for me by my predecessors and I specifically asked about this situation to them before I responded to you because I can definitely see your perspective. I do think we should have another VR tag (maybe in a different color) to indicate the VR option for games, but this is ultimately not my decision.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

1.) However, if I do label something as VR, and it's optional, people who don't have VR may never play it and steer clear of the game and be in a similar situation or complain about the same thing but from the other perspective.

2.) I'm very much aware that it affects the VR leaderboards, but I don't make the rules for these things. I only follow the stepping stones left for me by my predecessors and I specifically asked about this situation to them before I responded to you because I can definitely see your perspective. I do think we should have another VR tag (maybe in a different color) to indicate the VR option for games, but this is ultimately not my decision.

1.) Thank you for the reply. I also understand that having it tagged the current way is more beneficial as there are obviously way more PS4 users vs PS4 VR users and this would open up way more exposure for games if tagged just "PS4." However, the VR tag doesn't remove the game from the PS4 game list when sorting that way, if you get me (it shows "PS4" and "VR"). You can still search PS4 and get VR games (if tagged).

2.) But if you search "VR" games, there are many games missing because it's optional. Anyways, I absolutely love the idea of a different color for VR optional games! That seems like the perfect solution honestly. Is there someone I can ask about this, if you haven't already? Again, thank you for your time and effort here on the site :) 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MikeCheck-- said:

1.) Thank you for the reply. I also understand that having it tagged the current way is more beneficial as there are obviously way more PS4 users vs PS4 VR users and this would open up way more exposure for games if tagged just "PS4." However, the VR tag doesn't remove the game from the PS4 game list when sorting that way, if you get me (it shows "PS4" and "VR"). You can still search PS4 and get VR games (if tagged).

2.) But if you search "VR" games, there are many games missing because it's optional. Anyways, I absolutely love the idea of a different color for VR optional games! That seems like the perfect solution honestly. Is there someone I can ask about this, if you haven't already? Again, thank you for your time and effort here on the site :) 

Maybe create a thread and pitch the idea in the suggestions section. If it's received well, who knows? Maybe it'll get added. 

I think Sly likes to gauge interest in an idea before adding it. Luckily though, I don't think this one would be super difficult to implement on his end.

• 1 year later...
On 12/31/2020 at 4:37 PM, Beyondthegrave07 said:

It's not that I don't agree with you. As a VR owner myself, I think RE7 is the best experience I've ever had and it's not labeled as a VR game or has any indication of it which I think is a real shame. However, if I do label something as VR, and it's optional, people who don't have VR may never play it and steer clear of the game and be in a similar situation or complain about the same thing but from the other perspective.

I'm very much aware that it affects the VR leaderboards, but I don't make the rules for these things. I only follow the stepping stones left for me by my predecessors and I specifically asked about this situation to them before I responded to you because I can definitely see your perspective. I do think we should have another VR tag (maybe in a different color) to indicate the VR option for games, but this is ultimately not my decision.

IMO if the game was made for VR its should be tagged as a VR game, if it was made for Flat Screen it should not have a VR tag or like MikeCheck said having an a VR optional would be a wise decision.

Edited by Prometheous101
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...

About 4 years later, the tag being removed also tripped me up for a moment. Seems like nothing was done to compromise for it though. Unfortunate, really.