Couple of Questions.

1. Can I still fight Gabriel Celeste after the point of no return?

2. Recommended lvl to fight him? Currently around lvl 100 and he’s one shotting my party.

3. Can I still buy all items needed for everything related to Item Creation after the point of no return?

4. Does dying against GC by any chance affect the affinity for the party? I think I have everyone at lvl 9 affinity right now and read that dying to bosses can set it back by 1 point.

5. Can the developers please patch the insane high random encounter rate? It’s destroying this otherwise great game.

That’s it for now. I might have some more questions later ?.

Edit: 

So i didn’t get the Timeless Treasure ending. What I did was use publication to make 64 books, 8 with each character and give them to each other. Than I did the three boss fights, Del Argosy, Asmodeus & Jie Revorse while switching my characters in battle, so everybody fought one of these bosses. That should work right? So what did I do wrong here?

Edited by BB-BakkerJ

I can't give specific answers but I'd recommend getting all your stuff done before the point of no return. If you're having trouble with Gabriel, consider crafting high-stat equipment or switching up your party. As for Timeless Treasure, I can only guess you did one of several specific PAs between Ilia and Ronyx, which locks you out of that ending regardless of affinity.

• Like 1

It can’t be the PA’s. I skipped them all through the story except the three for befriending Pericci and than getting the Bunny Whistle.

It doesn’t matter which characters are in your party for this trophy right?

Luckily I have a few backup saves so I can try again.

And to answer some of my own questions:

1. Yes

2. ?. But I can improve my gear.

3. Yes

4. ?

5. Yes. Please do it.

No the party doesn't matter as long as their affinity is 9, it's just the safer option. You can try making additional books to be extra sure. Also for Gabriel, try using Roddick and spamming Dragon Roar if you haven't already.

I don't know if you broke the game early or not, but here are some tips for better equipment:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/264902-star-ocean-first-departure-r/78255559

https://pastebin.com/pLEZFhKH

Yeah I ‘broke’ the game. That’s why I dislike the high random encounter rate so much. It’s just escaping every battle as there is no point in actually fighting. Just to be sure I’ll check if I accidentally did one of those Ilia/Rodyx PA’s.

Alright. Final question.

I think I screwed myself out of getting T’nigue. In the middle of the emblem Quest, got three out of four, I went to the colosseum and did rank D with Roddick. Only I had 7 party members so I couldn’t recruit him. Accidentally saved. So I went to the Ice Caves and sacrificed you know who to get 6 party members. Back to the colosseum and he’s gone. Even doing rank D with other characters doesn’t help.

So there is no way to get him anymore right?

Is there any way to get Ashlay, Eryx & T’nique in one playthrough? I don’t think so but otherwise I’m looking at two whole new playthroughs. And one just for one character.

I really don’t like the trophy guide on this site. It’s too vague in a lot of things. Now I remember why I never use trophy guides from this site. Onto gamefaqs.

1 minute ago, seiyuuki said:

Ashlay/Erys/T'nique is possible, but you might have messed up with T'nique if you saved. If you have an early save, I recommend going back to that for him. Generally you get Erys first, then T'nique, and then Welch or Pericci.

I don’t have an earlier save. So I was hoping I could get Ashlay/Eryx/T’nique in one playthrough as it’s the only three I need for the Sound Off trophy.

So how do I get them all in one playthrough though?

I need Ashlay, Ioshua to get Eryx. Than my party will be at 7 so I can’t get T’nique. I can only think of making a separate save before befriending Ioshua.