Rankings for A rank, has it changed for PS4?

Optinooby

Im very curious about this, i've seen a lot of sites mention that you need to (regular of course) need to only fulfill 3/4 of the requirements for A-, yet on PS4, 2 bosses now, a plane level and a boss level, I have gotten A rank (not A-) just from 2/4 objectives.

Cant remember the plane level ones I completed, but the boss I just said, I only fulfilled the health and super ex objectives and that got me A rank.

Have the requirements changed for PS4, or is it just a case of some info out there being incorrect.....??

Cheers guys ;)

You don't need to fully complete 3 requirements, you can get an A- or A doing for example: 3/3 HP Bonus, 1/3 Parry and 5/5 EX

The time objective for the bosses is a little bit confusing as i've managed to get even S rankings without accomplishing the target (yellow) time.

Each partial objective you complete increases your rank, for example if you do Time, 3/3 HP Bonus, 5/5 EX but 0 Parries you'll probably get a B+, then if you add a parry (1/3) it will become A-, and so on. At least that's what i noted after playing this a lot.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Celcelz said:

You don't need to fully complete 3 requirements, you can get an A- or A doing for example: 3/3 HP Bonus, 1/3 Parry and 5/5 EX

The time objective for the bosses is a little bit confusing as i've managed to get even S rankings without accomplishing the target (yellow) time.

Each partial objective you complete increases your rank, for example if you do Time, 3/3 HP Bonus, 5/5 EX but 0 Parries you'll probably get a B+, then if you add a parry (1/3) it will become A-, and so on. At least that's what i noted after playing this a lot.

Your first paragraph, you didnt mention time, is that with yellow time or without?

I see about what usually gets what ranks, just that I have gotten A (not A-), with only 2 out of 4 objectives complete

Are you saying time doesn't really matter, all we need is 2/3 of the others??

Im thinking different bosses have different 'hidden' requirements. For example Boss A may only need 2/4 objectives whereas Boss B may need 3/4.....

2 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Your first paragraph, you didnt mention time, is that with yellow time or without?

I see about what usually gets what ranks, just that I have gotten A (not A-), with only 2 out of 4 objectives complete

Are you saying time doesn't really matter, all we need is 2/3 of the others??

Im thinking different bosses have different 'hidden' requirements. For example Boss A may only need 2/4 objectives whereas Boss B may need 3/4.....

As i said, sometimes times matter and sometimes not, when i noted time not mattering i was out of the target time for under 10 seconds so maybe the game might consider your time as valid if that's the case but i have no Idea.

Are you saying you got an A by doing for example without time and 0/3 parries?

If that's the case i've never seen it, but if not you could get an A rank by fully completing only 2 objectives and completing the other partially like completing HP and EX while getting only 2/3 parries and being slightly out of target time.

42 minutes ago, Celcelz said:

As i said, sometimes times matter and sometimes not, when i noted time not mattering i was out of the target time for under 10 seconds so maybe the game might consider your time as valid if that's the case but i have no Idea.

Are you saying you got an A by doing for example without time and 0/3 parries?

If that's the case i've never seen it, but if not you could get an A rank by fully completing only 2 objectives and completing the other partially like completing HP and EX while getting only 2/3 parries and being slightly out of target time.

Yea, you maybe be onto something there, think partial completion adds to it as well, its not just all or nothing 

Ive started screenshotting them, but forget the first 2 it happened.

These ive screenshotted are both with max parries and supers:

- Yellow time, 1/3 hearts = A-.

- White time, 2/3 hearts = A-

- White time 1/3 hearts = B+

One I had was low hearts and low parries I think and low parries and low time and they were A also.

Its like Parry/Hearts each add 1, so like A-, A, A+, adding 1 to A- would make A for example as when I have white time and 1/3 hearts, its B+.

So parry/hearts can add 3 altogether, but time can only add 1 by itself, I dunno.

I guess the point is that if you think you have failed on more than 1 thing, dont restart, you could still pull it off xD!!

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

This is the same thing I was curious about too, not had the game long and only done the first Isle but wanted to know the exact requirements to achieve at least an A. Which I’ve never obtained, it’s either been an A+ where it says perfect score ( I am guessing to get an S rank you need to do a boss on expert, does this difficulty unlock after completing the game?) or an A- but I don’t know what I got to achieve that as wasn’t paying attention to the results screen.

So the criteria for obtains A ranks appears to vary then?

EDIT: Also in regards to the health being a gold result if I have 4hp and get hit once I still get 3/3 for gold in results screen (or 3/4 gold ie at least 3hp left I don’t have to go flawless)

Edited by lynx_1985