Advice on God of War

SCREWBWOI

So, After a long time I finally considered to purchase God of war (2018)

I want to play the Old God of war games as I never got to experience the previous games other than ascension and chains of Olympus.

I was wondering whether I should play them in release order or chronological order?

Well I would definitely play God of War 1-3 in order but the spin offs can be played whenever. They might take place between the main games but don't really matter to the over arching story of Kratos.

They are all great games (although I still haven't finished Ascension) so definitely play them all.

• Like 2

On 06/08/2020 at 3:38 AM, Dr_Mayus said:

Well I would definitely play God of War 1-3 in order but the spin offs can be played whenever. They might take place between the main games but don't really matter to the over arching story of Kratos.

They are all great games (although I still haven't finished Ascension) so definitely play them all.

Thanks for the advice I'll defo play the main ones first since I've played two spin offs already and probably try platinum the spin offs after the main ones

21 hours ago, evs_castro said:

To me, you experienced the weakest of all (Ascension) and the best portable (Chains of Olympus).

Like Dr_Mayus mentioned, just play 1-3 and i'm sure you will have a hell of a good time.

Yh i got ascension as a package with a PS3 I bought and bought chains of Olympus randomly as a kid. I enjoyed both of them alot so I knew I was missing out massively on the main titles. With God of war 2018 getting amazing reviews and a possible sequel I knew it was a must now that I am older and able to afford games. 

Thanks for the input ?

21 hours ago, evs_castro said:

Edited by SCREWBWOI