Win with the friendliest guy glitched?

bruin-rocks

I'm sorry to hear about your luck. If I remember correctly, the way I got the trophy to pop wasn't with Mason, but with the Mecha Mountie in OPP Mode. I copied a link to the wiki page about Mecha Mountie here, as this is where I originally found out you can use him in lieu of Mason (someone mentioned it in the comments on the page). I suppose it is possible a patch may have been implemented since then that negates this, seeing as I got this one over a year ago at this point. I wish I had better advice to give you ?

1 hour ago, bruin-rocks said:

I too tried using the Mecha Mountie, and no luck what so ever. I just need Mason, The Hermit and 100,000 kills. I am so close...

You got this, hang in there!! I wish you the best of luck with the Mason trophy. If you are able to give me any details about how you get it to pop, I will gladly update my trophy guide ? I am going to edit it now to reflect that the trophy may be buggy.

I have a few questions about it that you can hopefully answer, 

did you complete the run with other people in your party? Or was Mecha Mountie alone? 
things I have tried and not succeeded with was having both Mason and Mecha Mountie in the party, Mecha Mountie with others, Mason with with others, Three Mason’s and the Mecha Mountie, but I have never tried a solo victory before, I might try that with MM and see what happens. 

22 hours ago, bruin-rocks said:

I have a few questions about it that you can hopefully answer, 

did you complete the run with other people in your party? Or was Mecha Mountie alone? 
things I have tried and not succeeded with was having both Mason and Mecha Mountie in the party, Mecha Mountie with others, Mason with with others, Three Mason’s and the Mecha Mountie, but I have never tried a solo victory before, I might try that with MM and see what happens. 

Hmm if I recall this correctly, I had at least 1 or 2 other people with Mecha Mountie. That sounds like a good thing to try; you could always just switch to the others and suicide at the very end! Let me know if you try this and it works.

4 hours ago, integra_93GS-R said:

Hmm if I recall this correctly, I had at least 1 or 2 other people with Mecha Mountie. That sounds like a good thing to try; you could always just switch to the others and suicide at the very end! Let me know if you try this and it works.

No luck so far... I won with just MM and no trophy, so I fired up OPP mode again and brought Mason with me, and he cloned himself, I had four Mason’s, won the game, no trophy... I might have to delete my save and start from scratch and hope that I can find Mason on the road. I still need Hermit, and 100,000 kills. So I will finish those and see what happens, if no luck, I will delete save and start over, this game was great until this point, I dont want this platinum to slip between my fingers. 

Edited by bruin-rocks