Why We Hunt YouTube Interviews

Unknown_v2_0

I am going to be doing an interview YouTube Series on why we trophy/achievement hunt and am looking for all flavors of trophy hunters/achievements hunters, people that spam plats, people that only play "good" games, people that no longer care much about trophies etc. as well as guide writers/video creators etc. I am trying to figure out what is it that compels people to earn digital items by playing games in certain ways and how trophies/achievements have effected us as gamers. If anyone has any good suggestions for guests, questions to ask or has a good story/insights and would want to be interviewed let me know.

Edited by Unknown_v2_0

Maybe attempt to get the top 25 leaderboard hunters and pick their brains. May need a translator for those whose English is not their native language. Be interesting to hear all views/approaches/philosophies around trophy hunting. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, MrTrofyHunter said:

Maybe attempt to get the top 25 leaderboard hunters and pick their brains. May need a translator for those whose English is not their native language. Be interesting to hear all views/approaches/philosophies around trophy hunting. 

I will reach out some that are gunho on the leaderboards... guessing a lot at the top have similar views...but I don't want that to be the only people I talk to. I want all sorts of view points and this will  be extending beyond trophies/achievements as  well.  THinking about it it will go for things like mobile games and catching all pokemon from limited events etc. its a topic that could be more  reaching than solely trophies.

Edited by Unknown_v2_0

I really like this idea. I have been trophy hunting for 10 years. The reasons why I do it today are a lot different then why I did it 10 years ago. Back then, I didn't consider beating a game until I had the platinum trophy. Today, I do it because I like the challenge. But there is one thing, I can scroll through my trophy list and see a game and remember everything that was going on in my life at that time. I would love to hear from others on why they do it.

Plus there is a camaraderie among trophy hunters. It is great way to meet new people and work together on trophies. I met a great friend of mine online fwhile working on the Evolve game. We have been very close friends ever since. In fact, I called him the other day to make sure he was alright since I hadn't herd from him in a few days. We take turns picking games for us to work on together. 

I think you have a great idea and what will make it work is the diversity between all spectrum's of trophy hunters. I really feel that once you talk to the top 25 people, most of their stories will be similar. For me personally, I would be more interested in the interviews with people who are terrible at games but still push on and try their best at getting the platinum. I used to look a game up to see how hard it would be to platinum it before I would even bother playing it. Now, I only look a game up to see if there are any game breaking glitches.

It would also be interesting to interview people who platinum some of the more obscure games. Also maybe interview people who platinum glitched games and how they were able to overcome the game breaking glitches. When I was trying to platinum Warhammer Quest, at the time only one person had done it. I contacted them and asked them how they were able to do it. The guy was super nice and went over it with me. He had a lot of interesting things to say and I really enjoy his insight. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, StressEater said:

I really like this idea. I have been trophy hunting for 10 years. The reasons why I do it today are a lot different then why I did it 10 years ago. Back then, I didn't consider beating a game until I had the platinum trophy. Today, I do it because I like the challenge. But there is one thing, I can scroll through my trophy list and see a game and remember everything that was going on in my life at that time. I would love to hear from others on why they do it.

I think you have a great idea and what will make it work is the diversity between all spectrum's of trophy hunters. I really feel that once you talk to the top 25 people, most of their stories will be similar. For me personally, I would be more interested in the interviews with people who are terrible at games but still push on and try their best at getting the platinum.

Yeah i have a different mindset from when i first started as well. And I agree most of the top 25 will sound exactly the same...

I have memories from games i played too lol

I like your ideas, thanks for the input!