Hello, PSNP! (or The Life and Adventures of Eblait)

Eblait

Started posting but wasn't aware of this section, lol. Hello everyone! I guess I'll start from the beginning, but I'll keep it short ?

Well, I've been gaming ever since I was 8, playing Nintendo/Master System games in fake consoles (PolyStation, anyone?). Circus Charlie, Contra, and Alex Kidd are some of the games that I still remember fondly.

My first real console was a PlayStation 2 in 2004; over time, I've got a lot of Nintendo systems (GBA, GC, DS, Wii), but mostly played first-party games. I've got a PS3 in 2008. I guess I developed a certain completionist-type identity in games because, at the time, they were extremely expensive (they still are; I'm from Brazil, so not much has changed :p), and whenever my parents bought one (once a month, basically), I played through every inch of a game to completion, for their money's worth. I couldn't really afford to have a backlog at the time, heh.

So naturally, when trophies started rolling out, I was eager to 100% every game I played. My first PSN account has 9 Platinums, obtained in a little over a year. I started getting serious about trophies; I even joined one of the (if not the) first trophy-related forums out there (AllPS3Trophies; I'm surprised the site is still up) and wrote a guide for Resident Evil 5, the only guide I've written.

In 2010, on the very last day of summer vacation (which is by the end of January in the southern hemisphere), my PS3 got the YLOD... and boy, it sucked. My trophy hunting days had ended so prematurely. My life started getting really busy, too, so I only played the occasional Nintendo game here and there. The YLOD incident left such a bad taste in my mouth that I didn't get the console fixed, and I didn't get another one, either.

Fast forward to 2014 and a friend offers to sell his PS3. I still had my four-year-old PS3 game collection, and I missed playing some of these games, so I bought it. Made another account (yours truly), replayed most of the games that had trophies in the other account, and resumed my trophy hunting journey. At the end of 2015, I got a PS4, then a Pro 3 years after that, and the rest is history! (the PS3 broke again, though...)

I'm mostly into action-adventure games and RPGs, but I also play some indie titles from time to time, as I find them the most interesting. My favorite indie that I played in the PS4 is definitely Furi (got the plat not long after it went free for PS+), but if I ever get Transistor for PS4, then it'll take the spot. That game is perfect.

I've been mostly lurking around PlayStationTrophies.org and PSNP while hunting for trophies, but I never got around to posting anything. I guess you could say the pandemic changed all that, but I'll admit I miss the forum vibe. Anyways, the PSNP community seems really nice, so it's good to be here! I'll see you guys around!

• Like 2

Welcome and enjoy the forums!

If you ever need help or have any general questions, I'll be more than happy to help.

I love the Sly Cooper avatar btw. Have any plans to play any of them on the new profile? I know your PS3 broke, but you could still play Sly 4 on PS4 or maybe play the games on PS Now...

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Welcome and enjoy the forums!

If you ever need help or have any general questions, I'll be more than happy to help.

I love the Sly Cooper avatar btw. Have any plans to play any of them on the new profile? I know your PS3 broke, but you could still play Sly 4 on PS4 or maybe play the games on PS Now...

Thanks! I think this avatar is really cool, had it since the beginning of this account - well, until a few weeks ago, actually, when I changed to another one... but I might change back to Sly. I like avatars that aren't filling up the whole thumbnail. Looks more natural, I guess.

I really want to add Sly to my trophy collection, but I don't know when I'll do it. I'm actually getting another (!) PS3, just so I could get through an enormous backlog of digital games I still have. Add that to the PS4 backlog... it's also why I'm not subscribed to PS Now, heh. But I'll get around to playing Sly, I played the first one for the PS2 and it's an amazing platformer.

8 minutes ago, Eblait said:

Thanks! I think this avatar is really cool, had it since the beginning of this account - well, until a few weeks ago, actually, when I changed to another one... but I might change back to Sly. I like avatars that aren't filling up the whole thumbnail. Looks more natural, I guess.

I really want to add Sly to my trophy collection, but I don't know when I'll do it. I'm actually getting another (!) PS3, just so I could get through an enormous backlog of digital games I still have. Add that to the PS4 backlog... it's also why I'm not subscribed to PS Now, heh. But I'll get around to playing Sly, I played the first one for the PS2 and it's an amazing platformer.

At least they're quick games for the most part! It's a good way to tackle the backlog. :P

• Like 1

Welcome to the site Eblait. 

You have come to the right place. This is an amazing group of people who all share a common interest in gaming. You will meet a lot of really cool people here and make some really good friends. I too really enjoy RPG games. I remember the good ole days of early consoles. The RPG games were the best. Ones like Dragon Warrior, Ultima; Quest of the Avatar, Zelda, and many more. When the SNES came out, for me that was the golden age of gaming. With games like Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 3, Secret of Mana, Legend of Gaia, Lufia 2, just to name a few. Don't get me wrong, some of the RPG games today are amazing as well, like, Skyrim, Fallout, Dragon Age, etc. But, it is just something about the old school ones that I really enjoy. 

• Like 1

On 8/19/2020 at 1:17 PM, StressEater said:

Welcome to the site Eblait. 

You have come to the right place. This is an amazing group of people who all share a common interest in gaming. You will meet a lot of really cool people here and make some really good friends. I too really enjoy RPG games. I remember the good ole days of early consoles. The RPG games were the best. Ones like Dragon Warrior, Ultima; Quest of the Avatar, Zelda, and many more. When the SNES came out, for me that was the golden age of gaming. With games like Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 3, Secret of Mana, Legend of Gaia, Lufia 2, just to name a few. Don't get me wrong, some of the RPG games today are amazing as well, like, Skyrim, Fallout, Dragon Age, etc. But, it is just something about the old school ones that I really enjoy. 

Thanks! I started playing (J)RPGs a bit late, to be honest - my first one was Final Fantasy X-2 lol. Later on, I played Dragon Quest VIII, which I immensely enjoyed. I played some of the older FF/Dragon Warrior games after that, then some of the Tales of series, Chrono Trigger/Cross, SMT... I don't play nearly as much nowadays, but still love the genre.

34 minutes ago, Eblait said:

Thanks! I started playing (J)RPGs a bit late, to be honest - my first one was Final Fantasy X-2 lol. Later on, I played Dragon Quest VIII, which I immensely enjoyed. I played some of the older FF/Dragon Warrior games after that, then some of the Tales of series, Chrono Trigger/Cross, SMT... I don't play nearly as much nowadays, but still love the genre.

FFX-2 is a good one. Probably should have played FFX before hand but I am sure it doesn't really matter. Good news is that they remade the famous FF7. So you can enjoy playing that one. That Dragon Quest VIII was a really good game. Another great RPG game series was the Phantasy Star games. Well, at least the first 4 of them. I never made it past the forth one. Those were some of the best games. They are a little old school and before most peoples time. Just thinking about them brings back so many great memories from that time in my life.

• Like 1