[Video] Mortal Shell - Platinum Walkthrough in 04:30:00

Optinooby

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Nice m8, all worked out then ;)!  Did you do the no shell expliot or did u do no shell legit? 

Yep i did the exploit. I didn't do the item duplication though. That last boss took me 4 hours. :( My biggest issue was not being aggressive enough.

• 1 year later...

Great game for fans of Souls-like, and free for Dec PS+ ;). Platinum Walkthrough here as well as some other useful vids, there is also a very useful crazy exploit I made a separate thread for here 

I have a separate speedrun for the PS5 version btw in 2 hrs, but is harder, that can be found over in a PS5 thread. And some Virtuous Cycle guides if needed.

Hope you enjoy the game, thankfully it's not a massive grind like some of the Souls games ;)

• Like 3

• 10 months later...

As always, your impressively efficient guides don't disappoint. Thus far, I've followed the ones for Salt and Sanctuary, The Witcher 3, and now Mortal Shell. It made the PS4 version quick and easy to platinum. I also appreciate how you repeat points to make instructions crystal clear, so it's basically impossible to get confused. Not to mention, your charming personality makes the video guides a pleasure to play along with. Thanks for making gaming more digestible for those of us with limited time!

The only snag I hit was that I needed around 10-15 practice attempts on the final boss in Obsidian Dark Form. There are various janky aspects to that fight, which can kill you unexpectedly; at one point, the boss somehow fell on me after I stunned it, resulting in instant death. The best advice I can offer for the battle, and the game generally, is: don't neglect the harden mechanic! Initially, I thought it was a gimmick I'd ignore in favor of dodge rolling everything, but it quickly proved itself to be very helpful indeed. In particular, hardened attacks (R1 followed by L2) are great for safely dealing with the end boss's irritating minions, and Hadern.

Speaking of Hadern, your strategy for him was both effective and amusing—what a chump that guy is! ?

• Like 2