(AC:4) Limited Mode, online's dead?

HaserPL

6 hours ago, dysss said:

Somehow Ubisoft is not aware, that their servers are down on AC Black Flag PS3. So we are trying now to make them aware and sending complaints out. Here is the link.

https://support.ubisoft.com/de-DE/Games/4186?platform=38

The more players complain, the earlier they will reactivate their servers. Also Twitter them, when you can.

Done and done.

• Like 3

Be aware that the Ubisoft reps are taking no prisoners right now; there's a Discord full of boosters currently begging them to help, but all they do is counter with the blatant lie that everyone's routers are at fault. Ubi is demanding proof of people having done port forwarding before taking complaints any further, with this obviously not being the problem because it is affecting everyone around the world - even people who had no trouble accessing the multiplayer just fine on August 31st and even the morning of September 1st.

I am crossing my fingers for everyone, because it looks like I might have dodged this bullet; I am the last global achiever for All Rounder, which was the final online Trophy I needed. I sincerely hope I will lose this 'honour' before long.

EDIT; we have narrowed down the time of the servers going offline to around 14:54 GMT+1 (London time, just before 7 AM in LA and 10 AM in NYC). If the shutdown was done on purpose, it typically would have happened on the hour, so it's likely there was an error on Ubi's part rather than the plug being pulled with intent behind it. Might be worth noting this time in your responses to Ubi.

Edited by Golem25
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Golem25 said:

Be aware that the Ubisoft reps are taking no prisoners right now; there's a Discord full of boosters currently begging them to help, but all they do is counter with the blatant lie that everyone's routers are at fault. Ubi is demanding proof of people having done port forwarding before taking complaints any further, with this obviously not being the problem because it is affecting everyone around the world - even people who had no trouble accessing the multiplayer just fine on August 31st and even the morning of September 1st.

I am crossing my fingers for everyone, because it looks like I might have dodged this bullet; I am the last global achiever for All Rounder, which was the final online Trophy I needed. I sincerely hope I will lose this 'honour' before long.

EDIT; we have narrowed down the time of the servers going offline to around 14:54 GMT+1 (London time, just before 7 AM in LA and 10 AM in NYC). If the shutdown was done on purpose, it typically would have happened on the hour, so it's likely there was an error on Ubi's part rather than the plug being pulled with intent behind it. Might be worth noting this time in your responses to Ubi.

I hope this will be fixed, AC4 Is the last AC i have yet to get all online trophies... other than that for me at least, Ubi games on PS3 will be done. But thanks mate for the info!

Thanks HaserPL for joining with the complaints. I'm one of the Discord Golem mentioned who's been trying to get Ubisoft's support to listen but as you'll know by now they just demand you prove it's not your connection and insist everything is fine. They insisted people are playing so I brought up no one registering trophies on here since the start of always seeing limited mode so they told me if trophies aren't working that is a Playstation problem. There's nothing wrong with the trophies when we can get into MP!

• Like 1

We're finally being listened to. I just got

"Thank you for your patience. We are aware of the "limited mode" message and are actively investigating issues with connectivity for our PS3 players. While we have no updates at this time, we hope to have this resolved soon. Your report has been passed on to the dedicated teams, so that the provided information can be used to further look into the matter."

Thanks to everyone who started a case, please still keep at them anyone who hasn't done a case yet or is still getting told there's no issue.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, luckyegg said:

Was it the ps4 version for any change? as ps4 seems to work fine

No sharing is caring on PS3 was earned yesterday. 

Click on the trophy here and have a look. 

If it is definitely down right now, the only explanation would be that this person is a hacker

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/2210-assassins-creed-iv-black-flag/42-sharing-is-caring

There have a look 

Edited by Sinthoras_96
  • Like 1

That's not multiplayer its earnt in single player. I've gotten 1 discovery in the time its been down and always have the connected icon, I'm no hacker lol so I don't understand how that works either while MP doesn't but it must be connected in a different way to whatever is causing the limited mode.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, katyred15 said:

That's not multiplayer its earnt in single player. I've gotten 1 discovery in the time its been down and always have the connected icon, I'm no hacker lol so I don't understand how that works either while MP doesn't but it must be connected in a different way to whatever is causing the limited mode.

That's interesting. So only the actual MP is down and not the complete online of the game. 

Thanks for the clarification 

3 hours ago, katyred15 said:

We're finally being listened to. I just got

"Thank you for your patience. We are aware of the "limited mode" message and are actively investigating issues with connectivity for our PS3 players. While we have no updates at this time, we hope to have this resolved soon. Your report has been passed on to the dedicated teams, so that the provided information can be used to further look into the matter."

Thanks to everyone who started a case, please still keep at them anyone who hasn't done a case yet or is still getting told there's no issue.

They asked me where I live and what's my PSN a few minutes ago.

2 hours ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

That's interesting. So only the actual MP is down and not the complete online of the game. 

Thanks for the clarification 

You're welcome I'm just here to say i just got sharing is caring while I still definitely can't get on mp other than limited mode, no one on my list is on black flag right now and I obviously couldn't do the going in and out of multiplayer help find the things trick. Others have said the kenway fleet is still working too but I'm not far enough in to know about that.

Whatever's going on with limited mode hopefully they figure out how to stop it and let us play.

1 hour ago, HaserPL said:

They asked me where I live and what's my PSN a few minutes ago.

They never asked me anything like that but I was logged in to ubisoft using my PS account so maybe they already got that info.

2 minutes ago, katyred15 said:

You're welcome I'm just here to say i just got sharing is caring while I still definitely can't get on mp other than limited mode, no one on my list is on black flag right now and I obviously couldn't do the going in and out of multiplayer help find the things trick. Others have said the kenway fleet is still working too but I'm not far enough in to know about that.

Whatever's going on with limited mode hopefully they figure out how to stop it and let us play.

They never asked me anything like that but I was logged in to ubisoft using my PS account so maybe they already got that info.

Yeah I'm messaging with them through Twitter.

Hello World,

we reached a bright light in that case here. One of us got from Ubisoft that:

" We have therefore also started an internal investigation with our server administrators, who should be able to check the servers directly and find the reason for this issue. As this seems to be a server issue, the Ubisoft Support can only ask for your patience, until our server administrators have found a solution and corrected the issue in the server. "

The keyword in that is DIRECTLY.

We need, that a PHYSICAL person goes to the PHYSICAL server in the PHYSICAL server room !!!

That is, how you reach the core of the issue. And not through sitting all day long in front of a display of their computers. Like I said before, their tech guys = server administrators must start to move. And yay, finally they are doing it !!!

So now it is only a question of time. And the online will be back.

Big thanks to all of you and your hard work on getting finally to that point !!!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, katyred15 said:

The kenway fleet can be ignored, if you buy the ship upgrades time saver pack in the ps store