Issues with the Original PS3's?

madmansmelody

Guys, I have some disturbing issues with this game on the Original PS3 (yep, it's still alive and kicking). After the first couple of chapters the game either started to crash or display corrupted graphics which do not allow me to interact in order to progress further through the story. Unfortunately, the further I went the worst it got, leading to a complete hold in making any progress.

I am wodering if anyone else has experienced simillar issues and/or can suggest anything?

...starting to think about a refund, but wouldn't want to miss out on the great story and gameplay.

Mike

Hi, as the section states: The Last of Us

Just noticed, after I hit ENTER> Sorry about that. Also new with PSNP.

Back to your query. If I'm not wrong your DAY 1 PS3 is approaching its life cycle. *sorry to inform you on that bit

But before we even put a final mark on your DDAY unit. Have you tried to play another game after TLOUS crashes.?

If the system still works well: Then we can conclude that your unit is only having a hard time rendering/processing TLOUS.

(* Due to old architecture design of the Mother Board, your DDAY PS3 tend to heat up twice as much when handling TLOUS, as

the game was design to max out PS3 graphical capabilities)

BUT if the system crashes: Then the inevitable YLOD is approaching.

Exactly the same timing last year. My 2nd Gen PS3 80GB, is having the same problem as yours.

At first I can still play other games but afterwards, even those games with less graphical requirement/visuals crashes.

sHe stayed with me for a good two months before she totally died in November.

• Like 1

Guys, I have some disturbing issues with this game on the Original PS3 (yep, it's still alive and kicking). After the first couple of chapters the game either started to crash or display corrupted graphics which do not allow me to interact in order to progress further through the story. Unfortunately, the further I went the worst it got, leading to a complete hold in making any progress.

I am wodering if anyone else has experienced simillar issues and/or can suggest anything?

...starting to think about a refund, but wouldn't want to miss out on the great story and gameplay.

Mike

My brother had stuff like that happen to two of his 80gb but with Borderlands 2 and another game I can't remember. He went to redeem a Shift Code and his console froze. Turned it back on and it was the YLOD. Might be time to retire it.

Thanks guys, I guess you're both right. I just hope that it'll survive until PS4 is out. Shame though that Iwon't be able to complete TLOUS...and doubt I will be able to play GTA5 - I hear that people have similar complaints on the original units.

Edited by madmansmelody