Grounded and permadeath doable on same play through?

coolcol26

Hi all so for those that have beat grounded mode and permadeath on the same playthrough I just want to know how challenging they are when done at the same time and what accesability options you used. I will also be playing grounded new game plus (with all unlocks from my previous 2 playthroughs) and permadeath by chapter to chapter. 

I just want to get a sence of how hard and time consuming this will be and some general tips I have only beat the game on normal so far so have played a run and gun style so far, If you have any tips at all I would appreciate hearing what you have to say.

Thanks in advance! 

It's very doable at the same time. However, you will die a lot of grounded so it will be pretty frustrating getting set back 5-15 minutes so much. I did permadeath on very light+ and only died a few times in 1 hit kill/failure scenarios. If I did them simultaneously I think it might have saved a few hours but I'd probably also have less hair now, haha.

You'll want to use invisible while prone. This lets you skip most encounters except for a few encounters with infected in which you are forced to fight. If you're doing grounded, scrounge everything and save your resources for these encounters!

Enhanced listen mode lets you use listen mode even though grounded disables it.

You'll want to turn off weapon sway and use auto aim so you don't miss, especially if playing grounded.

Those are the only accessibility options I think are useful, at least in terms of surviving.

• Like 2

On 26/09/2020 at 9:23 AM, emailking said:

It's very doable at the same time. However, you will die a lot of grounded so it will be pretty frustrating getting set back 5-15 minutes so much. I did permadeath on very light+ and only died a few times in 1 hit kill/failure scenarios. If I did them simultaneously I think it might have saved a few hours but I'd probably also have less hair now, haha.

You'll want to use invisible while prone. This lets you skip most encounters except for a few encounters with infected in which you are forced to fight. If you're doing grounded, scrounge everything and save your resources for these encounters!

Enhanced listen mode lets you use listen mode even though grounded disables it.

You'll want to turn off weapon sway and use auto aim so you don't miss, especially if playing grounded.

Those are the only accessibility options I think are useful, at least in terms of surviving.

thanks for the tips really appreciate it!

• Like 1