All melee weapons trouble

AddictedToADAM

It seems like Sean killed Archer Woodbead when I slept in bed, which means I can't embrace Archer in order to obtain his hatchet. Is there any other way I can find the weapon? someone said that he can be found in the sewer area under the bridge as a werewolf but I tried it and had no luck with this.

It's given me so much frustration since it's the only melee weapon I'm missing and pretty much will define whether I will plat this game or not. 

4 hours ago, cckerberos said:

The citizen who becomes a werewolf under the bridge is Dyson Delaney, not Archer Woodbead.

I don't think there's any way for you to get Archer's Hatchet now that he's dead.

That's a shame then. What a terrible way to end my plat efforts on this game, I showed it so much love and patience even though it crashed 50% of the times I engaged in fights, only for my playthrough to be voided by a random unavoidable event ?

There is no way I'm doing another playthrough on this, the collectible grind has already worn me out, without fast travel mechanics and all the freezing glitches around.

6 hours ago, AddictedToADAM said:

That's a shame then. What a terrible way to end my plat efforts on this game, I showed it so much love and patience even though it crashed 50% of the times I engaged in fights, only for my playthrough to be voided by a random unavoidable event 1f624.png

There is no way I'm doing another playthrough on this, the collectible grind has already worn me out, without fast travel mechanics and all the freezing glitches around.

I'm surprised that you managed to push so far when it was running so poorly for you.

It won't do you any good, but I figure I should clarify what I believe happened to you in case someone else reads this thread.

Sean didn't kill Archer. If you spare Sean, only he and the other citizens at his shelter "die" (they actually become named enemies who will provide their items as dropped). What I'm guessing happened is that the 30% or so hit that these deaths caused to district health made you lose the district (which will then kill everyone there).

I notice that you don't have the Anarchy in the UK trophy for turning a district hostile, though, so maybe that's not what happened? If Archer died because you didn't rescue him while he was in danger, you can apparently find his hatchet on his body.

Edited by cckerberos
  • Like 1

Ok boys, I finally got the plat. The hatchet was indeed in one of the spawn locations of Archer, inside his corpse, thanks a lot for the help. It just makes me wonder why none of the guides I had read clarified that this was the case. The game froze and had to be restarted more than 50 times in one playthrough (not even exaggerating) which makes me super proud for making it, wish I hadn't bothered in the first place with that poorly developed game though :D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

What I learned from my experience and unfortunately it's not even mentioned in the guides I have read, it's that it's better to get ALL the weapons at once from one district before sleeping.

After the Pacifist run, I was so under-leveled that I grabbed a couple of collectibles then went to bed to level up and when I woke up the NPCs that i was supposed to embrace to get the last weapons in this district were dead so i had to restart from the Chapter 6 back up save.

If your game is not constantly freezing and you can just go by invisible, grab all the weapons in the map without ever sleeping, like that no NPC's gonna die. And you can focus on London's burning trophy at the very end.

• Like 1