Most Overrated Platinum in History

willmill97

Ok, everyone that thinks this is an easy platinum, time to put your money where your mouth is. Challenge me, and I'll show you just how easy it isn't. Considering that the average completion rate is a mere 8.xx %, and that the Platinum is an ultra-rare 1.xx %, boasting that it was an easy plat must mean you are truly an exceptional racer indeed, and considering that I've never seen any of the online ID's claiming that it isn't tough actually play in online lobbies, I'm calling you all out. Challenge mannjon if you dare. ^_^

Changing the airbrake settings is immaterial. It doesn't matter in the least bit. Changing the control settings to make things easier is just a load of bull. Skill is required to get this trophy as is practice.

A huge part of this platinum is luck. I beat the time trials and speed runs with a max of 3 retries on all tracks, all speeds. The zone modes were even easier. I had some races on rapier and phantom where I had to restart 30-50 times to get just the right combination of power ups/ enemy mistakes where I could win them. This plat is completely about whether or not you are willing to wait for that perfect race where everything goes your way. You need to be at least good, but luck plays a huge part in the offline races.

It's difficult for sure, but the completion percentage is negatively inflated due to the psn hack from a few years back. A lot of people looked at the 5 games, had infamous and LBP and had a 2/3 chance of picking this one, played it and thought "not my cup of tea". Not saying it isn't difficult and frustrating, but with dedication it's not the monster people make it out to be.

A huge part of this platinum is luck. I beat the time trials and speed runs with a max of 3 retries on all tracks, all speeds. The zone modes were even easier. I had some races on rapier and phantom where I had to restart 30-50 times to get just the right combination of power ups/ enemy mistakes where I could win them. This plat is completely about whether or not you are willing to wait for that perfect race where everything goes your way. You need to be at least good, but luck plays a huge part in the offline races.

It's difficult for sure, but the completion percentage is negatively inflated due to the psn hack from a few years back. A lot of people looked at the 5 games, had infamous and LBP and had a 2/3 chance of picking this one, played it and thought "not my cup of tea". Not saying it isn't difficult and frustrating, but with dedication it's not the monster people make it out to be.

No, the "luck" method only works for people like you and me. Some people DON'T need powerups to win at all, and OP must be one of these gods. 

I found it adequately challenging. But I haven't tried any guitar hero games, gt5, ninja gaiden 2, et al. It's certainly achievable provided you know the tracks well. The AI can be frustrating and beating Zico can test your patience if you're someone like me. I found the controls a real pain in the ass, so pulling off the barrel roll onto the overpass was a challenge on its own. Can't call it an easy plat by any means. If that were the case, then every other game I've tried would be considered a Sunday picnic.

In any case, not sure why you're posting about it being overrated and easier than expected. Seems more like boasting about you being such a god-tier gamer. Suffice to say, a lot of people disagree with you. That, and what does it matter that it's not as hard as expected?

PS. please recommend me some challenging plats. If this is less than an 8 for you, then give me some 9's or 10's.

The rarities didn't change much from before vs. after the Welcome Back package.

Also OP, LBP and the Black Ops games are in no way harder than Wipeout, that's just absurd.

Uh huh...yeah...ok. Wipeout has caused many of rage quits for me and is not an easy game (with or without trophies) by any definition of the word.

With all due respect, I think you're nuts. This game is near impossible to me on the highest speed setting, even on Novice.

Utterly a retarded thread.

Do I have Wipeout HD plat? Yes

Am i very good at the game now? Hell yes!

Is this an easy plat regardless of how good i am? Hell no and anyone who thinks its easy is just being one of those internet pricks that we all love :/

Ok, everyone that thinks this is an easy platinum, time to put your money where your mouth is. Challenge me, and I'll show you just how easy it isn't. Considering that the average completion rate is a mere 8.xx %, and that the Platinum is an ultra-rare 1.xx %, boasting that it was an easy plat must mean you are truly an exceptional racer indeed, and considering that I've never seen any of the online ID's claiming that it isn't tough actually play in online lobbies, I'm calling you all out. Challenge mannjon if you dare.  ^_^

Changing the airbrake settings is immaterial. It doesn't matter in the least bit. Changing the control settings to make things easier is just a load of bull. Skill is required to get this trophy as is practice.

Looking back at this, I apologise if I was coming off as being arrogant, that was not my intention. And in no way am I saying this is an EASY platinum, because it's not. It's just not the hardest one either, like so many people from the trophy community make it out to be. I mean, on PS3T, it's ranked the 5th hardest platinum ever (here), and I think we can all agree, that's a load of bull, because there are tonnes of platinums that are harder than this, ones that I and many others will never achieve, like Lost Planet 2, Fight Night Champion, Cloudberry Kingdom 100% etc. (maybe not RDR, LBP and BO like I said before, but you get the idea).

Edited by willmill97
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

I finished the vita wipeout on monday, people say its not as hard as HD and I expect HD to be a challenge, the rarity of the trophies is only because Wipeout was in the welcome pack so lots of people have it, from what I've heard its the hardest racing game on the ps3, I'll see if thats true when I finish gta

gran turismo 5 is the hardest racing game.
  • Like 1